Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
TheWatt
TheWatt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Exclamation ePub division in chapters

I downloaded some PDF books and transfered into my ereader, and noticed the font got too small, then read a little about it and found Calibre. I converted the PDf books into ePub books, all fine. Then, i started reading one of the books, and i paused my reading around page 50. When i got back to reading, i found out that there was no chapter division (like there is in the books that come with my ereader, which is kobo) and i had go clicking right until i got to page 50...
i searched hell and heaven in google and didn't found info about "chapterizing" ePub documents... I know i can set Calibre to do it, but xPath is way too complicated for me, i didn't understand anything from the guides I read. So I came here and saw that Sigil and InDesign may be options for it... while i'm downloading them, i'd just like to ask this... Is there a program where i can edit my ePub documents easily, with intuitive interface and no coding?
Thanks in advance
TheWatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Sigil
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Sigil
Yep, Sigil is what you want for editing your epubs. You can do it in a WYSIWYG window, or in a code view window to see the underlying xhtml code.

You can split into chapters, add images, create a Table of Contents, add or modify metadata, or change the order of chapters.

However, IMHO, if you want to successfully edit your epubs, you will probably have to learn something about the code.

There's lots of help in the various forums here on MobileRead.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I have made a program that will let you do this easily, but the chapters need to be on separate files (you could split them with Sigil) and use my program to build the TOC.

Sigil can do it also, but you need to select each text and make sure it is a Heading 1, 2 or 3 depending on how you want your chapter nested. But I find that it is a long process, when you can do it in 1 minutes.

Look in my signature for the site.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote