Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 02:30 AM   #1996
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Josieb1 I used the Everything Search tool to search my computer for the books. I don't know if you are willing to download the program or not but it is very helpful in searching. I use this over Window's search.
Thank you for the suggestion. I just need to get on the site on Saturday and check each book against Calibre. Doing it by author order should be easiest, it just depends on how the site is

I'm not panicking. According to them I have nothing left as undownloaded, I just wanted to do. A tick up for my own peace of mind. I feel for every customer who doesn't back up.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:06 AM   #1997
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Seems like most all AR books "unavailable" at this time. Fortunately, I used (and downloaded) all but $1.38 of my ebook bucks late last night (GMT +2). Good thing I got the email as I am on holiday and not checking forums often.

Very disturbing - but I always download books immediately.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:21 AM   #1998
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Seems like most all AR books "unavailable" at this time. Fortunately, I used (and downloaded) all but $1.38 of my ebook bucks late last night (GMT +2). Good thing I got the email as I am on holiday and not checking forums often.

I do too I'm just extra sensitive to backups for closed retailers/publishers. I only had 88 cents in ebucks.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:09 AM   #1999
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post

Normally I do too but a few weeks ago I wasn't near a computer and I bought two books from Google. A few days later I went to download them but Google Play Books wouldn't load. It kept saying I was in another country. I wound up having to change my IP address by cloning my MAC address on my router. Only then would it let me in. So it can happen to any of us.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:27 AM   #2000
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just read a couple of posts that none of the DRM books at ARE are downloading. It looks like only non DRM books are accessible at this point.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #2001
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Whew, I only had some freebies lacking download, and the three books I purchased yesterday (I still have around 2,5$) were drm-free too, so no problem with it. Anyway, I think it has been a very treacherous way to do this.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #2002
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
The story's definitely getting out: blogcritics.org
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #2003
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I do if there is a sale on the book I can't get otherwise.

Sent from my XT1528
Oh, good point. Sometimes pre-orders can be a special price. I've done a few pre-orders on Amazon over the years.

I don't know if I ever bought from ARE, can't remember, haven't been to the site in a long time. If I did, I am confident I downloaded my content immediately. I do that from any site I buy from. (Although I do not download all the freebies I get from Amazon).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #2004
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I always download right away and put it in Calibre. Just don't want to take the chance on something I paid money for not being available.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #2005
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
I just read a couple of posts that none of the DRM books at ARE are downloading. It looks like only non DRM books are accessible at this point.

Sent from my XT1528
Since I'm a Kindle reader, everything I bought from them was DRM-free so at least that was not a problem. After spending several frustrating hours on the site last night, I think I've got all of the books I had previously bought but not downloaded. Luckily, I only had about 30 books to download, mainly freebies. I usually downloaded my purchased items right away.

It's so sad that the authors are always the farthest down on the food chain when this happens and are the last to be paid. I know many people dislike Amazon, but at least when authors put their books up for sale there, they get paid a decent royalty rate promptly, with no middleman taking an extra cut, and have at least some assurance that Amazon is not going to suddenly go bankrupt. What a horrible end to the year for many authors!
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:36 PM   #2006
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Happy to hear you got your books. So many others haven't.

I love Amazon. I trust them to keep my content safe. Kobo I like but don't really trust them and Google is too buggy to trust. Harlequin I guess I trust to a point.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #2007
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Now that the excitement of ARE has wound down.

What was your best romance read of the year? It can be a series or just one book.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 12-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #2008
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Just FYI, I purchased the new Julia Quinn (Four Weddings and a Sixpence) from Harlequin. But it downloads a Carina book. I've emailed customer service.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #2009
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Now that the excitement of ARE has wound down.

What was your best romance read of the year? It can be a series or just one book.
I’m doing a “Best of” like we’ve done the past few years.

alphabetically by author:
5 star reads: any year published
Ask Me for Tomorrow by Elise K Ackers Oct 2013 (Homeland #3)
A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet Aug 2016* (The Kingmaker Chronicles #1)
Beneath Outback Skies by Alissa Callen Feb 2013 (Outback Dust #1)
Illusion Town by Jayne Castle Aug 2016* (Arcane Society #20/World of Harmony)
Dark Horse by Michelle Diener June 2015 (Class 5 #1)
Absolute Trust by Piper J Drake Dec 2016* (True Heroes #3)
Extreme Honor by Piper J Drake Feb 2016* (True Heroes #1)
Ultimate Courage by Piper J Drake Aug 2016* (True Heroes #2)
House of Payne: Scout by Stacey Gail Jan 2015 (House of Payne #2)
When All the Girls Have Gone by Jayne Ann Krentz Dec 2016* (unnamed trilogy #1)
One Real Man by Coleen Kwan Feb 2015 (Real Men #3)
The Mist by Carla Neggers July 2009 (Boston Police/FBI #3)
The Widow by Carla Neggers Oct 2006 (Boston Police/FBI #1)
My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis Dec 2015 (Cedar Ridge #2)
The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis Oct 2016* (Heartbreaker Bay #2)
Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh June 2016* (Psy/Changeling #15)
Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh July 2016* (Rock Kiss #5)

4 star reads: published 2016
Love in the Morning by Meg Benjamin Jan 2016 (Salt Box Trilogy #2)
Cavanaugh or Death by Marie Ferrarella Apr 2016 (Cavanaugh Justice #31)
Best Friends with the Billionaire by Coleen Kwan April 2016 (The Rochesters #2)
”I Do”…Take Two! by Merline Lovelace March 2016 (Three Coins in the Fountain #1)
Kansas City Countdown by Julie Miller Dec 2016 (The Precinct #32)
Liar’s Key by Carla Neggers Sept 2016 (Sharpe & Donovan #6)
The Spring at Moss Hill by Carla Neggers Feb 2016 (Swift River Valley #6)
Brotherhood in Death by JD Robb Feb 2016 (In Death #53)
Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts June 2016 (The Guardians Trilogy #2)
The Obsession by Nora Roberts April 2016
Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis April 2016 (Cedar Ridge #3)
Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis July 2016 (Heartbreaker Bay #1)
Fully Ignited by Shannon Stacey March 2016 (Boston Fire #3)
Homecoming by Shannon Stacey Sept 2016 (Boys of Fall #3)
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #2010
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I don't keep track of what I read or how many books I read or rate them. I just read. A lot.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote