Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Question [626] Is there a way to refresh the library view?

Hi!

I have a script which is a wrapper around the PBTL2's sudoku. I managed to find out how a book's information is stored in the PBTL2's database. My script now updates the information about the current sudoku's status.

Unfortunately this information is not shown in the library view when I start from the main screen. When I start from the library view, the information is automatically updated.

So my question is: How can I refresh the library view so that it shows the data from the DB and not the data it has cached somehow?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Screen shoot?
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #3
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
How can I refresh the library view so that it shows the data from the DB and not the data it has cached somehow?
I didn't find anything related to this in the SDK.
Maybe calling the library binary with a certain param would trigger the update?

It might be worth looking through the system scripts. Locating the USB connect/disconnect script could be the solution since the library is updated when disconnecting.

Edit:
I don't know if this still exists but I found in an older FW5.2 apps list I had in my computer that there's a scanner.app in /ebrmain/bin. Maybe this is what you're searching for.

Try calling the following command and see what happens. It logs the output too just in case it throws some error or help page.
Quote:
/ebrmain/bin/scanner.app > /mnt/ext1/scanner.app.log 2>&1

Last edited by brucelee; 08-10-2015 at 07:48 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymust View Post
Screen shoot?
Of what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
It might be worth looking through the system scripts. Locating the USB connect/disconnect script could be the solution since the library is updated when disconnecting.
Thought so too, but there aren't many scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Edit:I don't know if this still exists but I found in an older FW5.2 apps list I had in my computer that there's a scanner.app in /ebrmain/bin. Maybe this is what you're searching for.
Yes, that's there. I'll check it.

The sad thing with those apps is: There is no manual available. The explorer-3.app for example has these options:

Code:
-l | -ls | -d | -a | -i | -s | -m
But I have no clue what they all might mean.
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
It means you should try them all and see what happens )
You don't really have a choice.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert