Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Claudio_ch,
I'm not sure I understood your problem. Calibre's handling of author names can be a bit confusing though.

If you would like to change how calibre works, read the Tweaks section of the calibre manual. Most likely you will want to look at the Author Sort Name Algorithm.

There are several topics on this subject here in the forums, which you can find by looking for "fn ln" in the search field. You could also try looking for "author name" or "author_sort". Many of the results will be about your issue.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There is a checkbox in the preferences>adding books that will swap author first name last name

The way to fix all the already imported books is at the bottom of the tag browser under alter tag browser>manage authors.

Name surname in authors is the normal way, but many like it different. Not sure how it is done, but shouldn't take you long to figure it out by trying different options on one book or a smaller library. Or someone may point you to a step by step.

I like name surname in authors because that is how most books come and how the metadata is downloaded, so I have never tried to change it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio_ch View Post
Hi, I am new here.
Hi Claudio

Generally its better to start a new thread for your specific questions, rather than adding to an existing thread - especially when you are just starting with calibre.

I've found that the 'experts' don't mind answering the same question repeatedly, its often the case that there is more than one answer to what appears to be the same question. And because calibre is constantly evolving what was the best way to do something last month, may not be the best way this month.

I would also encourage you to read the various sticky threads at the top of each sub forum, there is a lot of good information there.

Cheers BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
author catalog, folders