Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
tekwrite
Enthusiast
tekwrite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HDX
How do I remove book from Kindle Fire

when I sync with Calibre and uncheck the OnDevice box does that take it off my Kindle Fire? Or just off my list of books when I click Books? Do I do that and select the book in the book list and say remove from device?

Thanks!
tekwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekwrite View Post
when I sync with Calibre and uncheck the OnDevice box does that take it off my Kindle Fire? Or just off my list of books when I click Books? Do I do that and select the book in the book list and say remove from device?

Thanks!
I am confused. What OnDevice box are you unchecking? The standard column in calibre cannot be changed. The On Device boxes in calibre's content server and cloud connections cannot be checked, but they can be "pressed" cause the book to be downloaded.

Hoping to answer the base question: there are two ways of removing books from CC:
  • There is a delete action in CC's book details that works when you are not connected
  • You can delete the book from calibre when connected as a wireless device. If you delete the book from the device view then calibre will delete the book from CC. If you delete the book from the library view then calibre will ask you which copy you want to delete: the one on the device, the one in the library, or both.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #3
tekwrite
Enthusiast
tekwrite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HDX
Thanks for the reply! So if I delete the book from the CC book details on the Kindle I assume it will not delete from my actual CC library?
tekwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekwrite View Post
Thanks for the reply! So if I delete the book from the CC book details on the Kindle I assume it will not delete from my actual CC library?
If you delete a book using CC's book details then the book will be deleted from CC's library/database. It will *not* be deleted from calibre's library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remove books