Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2018, 04:48 AM   #721
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks! I hadn't looked at "landscape" style, but that probably would work better.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:13 AM   #722
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstewartesq View Post
Hi - first time poster, longtime lurker. I've had a Kindle since 2008- first the 2nd gen, then the Kindle Keyboard, then a 1st Gen Paperwhite, After 5 years with that, I decided to jump to the Oasis 2.

I have to say that, while the screen is miles better than my Paperwhite, I am disappointed in the quality control and variances in stock. I received my Oasis 2 a few days ago, and noted that the screen was a bit uneven; further, the aluminum case was very slightly bent, which I assume contributed to the screen lighting being a bit uneven. Amazon shipped me a replacement but, when comparing the two, the new screen is actually worse - more washed out, with a different color temperature and slightly more dim. So i'm definitely going to return the second- and, though I hate to be stuck with the first with its defects for the money paid, I'm not sure there's much to be gained by trying a third time.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Mike

Edited to add - tried to upload pic, but don't see an option to upload a local file (I'm a newbie - I'll look). But, just to be clear, when comparing the screens, I set the exact same brightness,same book page, same font and spacing to keep the comparison completely apples-to-apples. Which is why I was surprised at the difference.
I think I would be reluctant to accept that at the oasis 2 price point. Different people have different visual sensitivites and quality thresholds. Its hard to judge your device without pictures. If you post a few times, you should be able to upload pictures.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #723
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstewartesq View Post
Hi - first time poster, longtime lurker. I've had a Kindle since 2008- first the 2nd gen, then the Kindle Keyboard, then a 1st Gen Paperwhite, After 5 years with that, I decided to jump to the Oasis 2.

I have to say that, while the screen is miles better than my Paperwhite, I am disappointed in the quality control and variances in stock. I received my Oasis 2 a few days ago, and noted that the screen was a bit uneven; further, the aluminum case was very slightly bent, which I assume contributed to the screen lighting being a bit uneven. Amazon shipped me a replacement but, when comparing the two, the new screen is actually worse - more washed out, with a different color temperature and slightly more dim. So i'm definitely going to return the second- and, though I hate to be stuck with the first with its defects for the money paid, I'm not sure there's much to be gained by trying a third time.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Mike

Edited to add - tried to upload pic, but don't see an option to upload a local file (I'm a newbie - I'll look). But, just to be clear, when comparing the screens, I set the exact same brightness,same book page, same font and spacing to keep the comparison completely apples-to-apples. Which is why I was surprised at the difference.
I have heard that if you return your Kindle due to a defect - real or perceived, Amazon will give you a refurbished one. This thing with the lighting has been a frequent topic of discussion with new Oasis owners so you will need to decide what to do for yourself. The only way to guarantee you receive a 'new' one is by asking for a refund and making a second purchase.

I don't want to advocate abusing the system but do what you need to do. I love my Oasis, only thing spoiling it for me is the crappy case I bought. Hope you (eventually) get a device that makes you equally happy :-)

-PCR
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:24 AM   #724
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I think I would be reluctant to accept that at the oasis 2 price point. Different people have different visual sensitivites and quality thresholds. Its hard to judge your device without pictures. If you post a few times, you should be able to upload pictures.
I would not have bought my Oasis 2 at the current price point except because my reading on my kindle is a big part of my spare time. It is probably my primary free time activity (I don’t really watch TV or Netflix and running only takes so much time a day).
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #725
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
I would not have bought my Oasis 2 at the current price point except because my reading on my kindle is a big part of my spare time. It is probably my primary free time activity (I don’t really watch TV or Netflix and running only takes so much time a day).

I love my kindle so much it goes to bed with me every night LOL. I watch a ton of netflix. I have The Vampire Diaries completely memorized LOL
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert