Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
Thumbs up A very positive support experience

Can you imagine how it feels?

Planning everything for a vacation, selecting/downloading/formatting/etc all documents and books you want to take along. Looking forward to a lot of reading and studying on a beach far away.

Then one night, in bed, reading the newspaper on the iLiad, slowly dozing off. Just in time to put the device into it's protective cover and put it away.

The next morning, you step out of bed and ON TOP OF YOUR ILIAD. It doesn't matter how well it is protected, the weight of a grown man is just too much. The result? A cracked display. Obviously my fault, no discussion about that. This small step was gonna cost me big time.

But would iRex be able to fix it in time for me to go on holiday with it? There was awfully little time, so everything had to go perfect...

And it did! My iLiad is fixed and my vacation saved!

iRex Support: Thank you for a job well done!

ps. I am not affiliated in any way to iRex other than having an iLiad.
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you must be ecstatic !!! i'm happy for you. it would be horrible to leave on vacation without your liseuse. thanks for sharing your happy story ! often the satisfied customers don't say much but the unhappy ones complain loudly and often !! it's nice to hear the other side !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
M@rcel
Connoisseur

The dark site of this is that I think a defective (or stolen or ...) iLiad could really ruin my vacation...

Am I an addict? No, of course not. I can easily stop using it if I want to...
Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rcel View Post
The dark site of this is that I think a defective (or stolen or ...) iLiad could really ruin my vacation...

Am I an addict? No, of course not. I can easily stop using it if I want to...
Yeah ... but who wants to???
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
watcha
Not so junior!
watcha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
You're so lucky, M@rcel.
I damaged my screen. It took more than TWO months to get my reader back. Parts unavailable, maintenance dept moving from Germany to Holland (I think), and so on went the reasons.
And it is not now behaving as before.
When I 'turn' page, it refreshes with a sudden flash of the page in reverse. It happens very quickly, maybe half a second, but it looks like print white, screen black.
Then all is back to normal. In fact print very clear, very black.
Is this behaviour normal? The black 'flash' on page turn is a bit off-putting.
I am away from my computer for a week but on return may post a new thread about this.
watcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
watcha
Not so junior!
watcha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
As a quick ps to my last post, I've had an explanation from Irex:

>> the replacement display has a newer type of E-ink material: Vizplex. This material is more white and more black than your previous screen. The flashing is due to the faster response of the material. <<

So that's nice to know. Every cloud has a silver (stronger white & black) lining!
watcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
godidog
Iliadist
godidog began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (broken screen fixed after 3 months), Treo
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcha View Post
You're so lucky, M@rcel.
I damaged my screen. It took more than TWO months to get my reader back.
You're so lucky, Watcha!
I damaged my screen. It took more than TWO months and I still have not got my device back.

The damage was caused by pressure that any consumer device should be able to handle and I am now sorry I ever bought an Iliad, and I will disrecommend anything and everything from IRex to all my contacts. They are basically not competent enough to run a consumer device manufacturing company. I know: I work for a successful one.

Luckily it seems we will soon have a choice of touch-screen e-book devices.

@Marcel: Your story is another data point, but I can't help thinking it's like plane manufacturer talking about all their planes that didn't crash...
godidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:51 AM   #8
M@rcel
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by godidog View Post
@Marcel: Your story is another data point, but I can't help thinking it's like plane manufacturer talking about all their planes that didn't crash...
Except that I am just a happy iLiad owner, not the manufacturer...