Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
So where are my books now ???

I have a Kobo without wifi and I use Calibre on my laptop to organize and modify my books . Recently I found and downloaded the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan ( I have all 13 books in Hardcover ) and was thrilled to find them in ePub . I downloaded them to Calibre and got the covers . Next I used Calibre to highlight and used "send to Device feature " just as I have done before ,when I went to open Book 2 on my Kobo I couldn't find it anywhere . 2 of the 13 books were there but not the other 11 , I checked by Author ,title and could not find them .

In frustration I plugged my Kobo in to my laptop and just opened it directly .When I did the screen came up with a list of authors and when i clicked on Robert Jorden it opened the file and all 13 books were there .
WHERE IS THERE !!!!!!

How do I get to my books on the Kobo because I'm at my wits end and have even been wondering if my Kobo would even slow down if I fed it to my snowblower !!!!! Help me please .

The Cod Father
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
mousy courage
mousy courage began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (non-wifi)
The only thing I can think of is that you might have accidentally checked off the "Pre-loaded books" option is the display menu (that happened to me a few days ago, anyway) but that might not account for the fact that you can find two of the books and not the other 11. Have you tried dragging and dropping instead of loading books through calibre? If the issue is with calibre that might help.
mousy courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Or were you in the "I'm Reading" list, instead of the "My Books" list? The kobo will turn on in the "I'm Reading" list by default. Use the menu to get to the "Books" list - hopefully it will be there.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
If some of your books are PDF they could be under Docs (or documents) rather than Books?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Hi Everyone , sorry for the delay I seem to have a developed a severe case of life (had to happen sometime !!)
I have tried the suggestions and am still no closer to my books . If anyone else can help it would be geatly appreciated.

The Cod Father
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well if in your position I would strongly consider using Calibre to reconvert the ebooks back into epub. I'm not a Kobo owner, but perhaps 11 of the original epubs are poorly built and wont show up on the Kobo. I know once I had an epub on my ereader that didn't go past a particular page, but a reconvert fixed it (poor html reference or something).

Just a thought. Take 5 min to try it out.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Install the Quality Check plugin for Calibre. It can find many of the issues found in problematic books. You may have to delete them from Calibre and then re-import them after the plugin has been installed for it to do its magic.

If the books are not appearing in I'm Reading, Books, Documents but are physically on the device, I would guess that there is something in the books themselves that are keeping the sqlite DB from doing its thing.

Last edited by taming; 03-30-2011 at 07:57 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
Cook
Cook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Where are the books?

This has happened to me when I added epubs to the Kobo. For some reason, when books are sideloaded, the SQLITE database doesn't index all the new books.

I once had to download a "pristine" database from Kobo. I installed it and the Kobo when through all of the books and they were added and indexed. Subsequent additions were not always updated however.

I'm not suggesting you replace your SQLITE file if you are not comfortable. But if you want to try, then there is a sticky on installing a new database on the Kobo and I posted an article on how to get the pristine database from Kobo.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
The Cod Father
Enthusiast

OK , I'll give those options a try . Sorry again about the spotty responces but I am in the process of dumping my laptop and getting a netbook. Back asap