Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Will Kindle reset enable me to jailbreak?

I have a Kindle Paperwhite (5.10.1.1), which is not able to be jailbroken, I think. Seems I need an earlier version of the firmware. If I reset the device to the original settings, will this make the firmware revert to an earlier edition?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No. Resetting the device has no effect on the firmware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I have a Kindle Paperwhite (5.10.1.1), which is not able to be jailbroken, I think. Seems I need an earlier version of the firmware. If I reset the device to the original settings, will this make the firmware revert to an earlier edition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No. Resetting the device has no effect on the firmware.
There are a few, very rare, exceptions that will cause it to make changes to the firmware.
But none which effect HarryT's answer to your question.

You might want to put the "download blocking directory name" in the visible, USB root of the Kindle to keep it at 5.10.1.1 until the jail breaking efforts catch up.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, paperwhite 3