Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Either/Or Search Syntax?

I'm trying to save a search with either the word "crown" or "knopf" in the publisher field. I set it up like this:

publisher:"knopf" or "crown"

According to the Calibre manual, that should work, but it's not. It's just giving results for the first search term. What am I missing here?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You probably want
Code:
publisher:"knopf" or publisher:"crown"
The "crown" keyword is not qualified so can occur in any of the fields you have set as searchable when unqualified (which probably does not include publisher)

I am not sure whether
Code:
publisher:("knopf" or "crown")
would also work (I have not tried it)
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TYVM for the fast and expert response, itimpi! The first one worked perfectly. (The second one doesn't work.)

--Pat
Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
TYVM for the fast and expert response, itimpi! The first one worked perfectly. (The second one doesn't work.)

--Pat
If confused: Use the tag browser, it will construct a term for you.

Click the first item
Hold the control key and click each additional item (you don't get to do range select after the first selection, so do a range first, then the individual clicks)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
PatNY
Zennist

Hey Ducks, thanks for that tip. I had no idea one could do something like that in Calibre. Glad I know about that now. I think it will be incredibly useful to me in the future.

--Pat
Advert