Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Feature request, unlock text color.

I have an epub I've been attempting to convert to mobi, but when converted the text color is locked to black.

That doesn't help a bit since I like reading with white text on a black background and neither the Windows Mobi reader nor Kindle reader for Android can override the text color default on this file as output from Calibre, or a couple of online conversion sites.

Soooo, what I'd like to see is a checkbox somewhere on the converting to/from epub format to unlock the text color.

I suppose the ability to lock the text color would go along with it, but that's a function I'd never use.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
I have an epub I've been attempting to convert to mobi, but when converted the text color is locked to black.
You can open the ePub in Sigil and edit the sytle.css file. Remove any lines that reference color. Then save the ePub and convert that ePUb to mobi and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Soooo, what I'd like to see is a checkbox somewhere on the converting to/from epub format to unlock the text color.
There is a Modify ePub plugin that allows you to do a lot of things to the ePub. I would suggest you ask the developer in this thread to add remove text color and remove background color options to the plugin. It seems easy enough and I'm sure others would benefit from this option too.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-22-2011 at 11:36 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Thank you! I found three instances of color: #231F20; in stylesheet.css and deleted them then saved it.

Now the exported Mobi version doesn't have the text color locked to a not quite completely black color.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote