Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Just got my hands on an EE and it is frozen

Does anyone know where the reset is for the EE? It appears to be frozen on the "Edge is hibernating screen". Also, my previously owned EE came without a manual... Is there a copy of the original EE manual on the forum?

Been using PEs for several years, but the EE is configured differently and I would like to know what is going to do what.

I know we are approaching the end of the lifecycle, but as long as my batteries hold out, I`m going to try to keep the PEs and the EE running...

Thanks for any help and insight....

Last edited by Gerrye; 08-20-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: It is now unfrozen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Gerrye
Zealot

Not finding a reset port or switch, I pulled the battery for a half hour and reinserted it and we started up with the calibrate screen....

Yippee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
You can try this user manual here: http://www.devicemanuals.com/product...Ge_manual.html

On the download page if you click ownload within One Hour: you should get the complete guide immediately.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Gerrye, you only need to pull the battery for 30 seconds to reset the EE.

miki2, unfortunately the manual - which is also on the unit - does not say anything about resetting the unit. That was only mentioned in the now defunct Edge web site.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
Gerrye
Zealot

Ivanjt,

Thank you, I found that out yesterday when I pulled the battery out for three hours. There seem to be other differences between the EE and the PE that I will have to learn. There also seems to be a problem coming out of hibernation with this unit. It seems freeze up when it goes into hibernation. Have you had any experience with that?

Thanks for the heads up....

Gerrye
Old 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
There also seems to be a problem coming out of hibernation with this unit. It seems freeze up when it goes into hibernation. Have you had any experience with that?Gerrye
Yes this issue was introduced with Ermine, but does not effect all of them for some reason. There is a couple of threads here discussing it.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Gerrye
Zealot

Thanks for the link... I spent some time reading through the threads and downloaded an apk that supposedly solved the problem. If I still have problems with the EE hibernation problem, I`ll be back...

Thanks for the responses....
Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Enjoy!!

In some ways the EE is more primitive than the PE, but I continue to love mine! If you have trouble with the stock browser crashing you can disable javascript and it will work (thanks to Gunner for that info), but you have probably seen the browser discussions by now!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Gerrye
Zealot

EE hibernation solution

For those of you who might be interested; I have been running the hibernate solution APK for several days and it appears to have resolved the freezing problem with the EE going into hibernation and not coming out without a remove the battery reset.

Kudos to diedertimmers and here is a link to the page with his solution to the hibernation problem:............

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...weredge&page=3

.... a link to the APK, if the link in the article doesn`t work...

http://www.ratshome.net/android/poweredge.html

I hope it helps those that need it........

Good luck

Tags
ee frozen, new edge user