Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

Justify align in RTF?

I'm trying to justify align an RTF file. I do so in word and it looks correct, but then on the reader, everything is still left aligned. Any tips?
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's odd, what you're doing has worked for me so far .... How are you setting the Justification? The way I did it (that worked for me) was to ctrl+a and then click the Justify button on the toolbar.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
SoCal Bob
Connoisseur
SoCal Bob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iLiad, Palm Tungsten T3
I use Word as well and justify all body text. I have not experienced your problem in the resulting RTF document, either in the Word, Connect or the Reader. I've done over 100 documents so far in RTF and PDF and they all have come out fine. I have no idea why you would have the problem, short of using a earlier version prior to formating.

Last edited by SoCal Bob; 11-27-2006 at 12:40 PM.
SoCal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't know if there's another way to do it which perhaps doesn't work, but setting "justified" as a "paragraph style" in Word works perfectly in Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
griffbrad
griffbrad began at the beginning.

When I set the style by doing Select All, Format>>Paragraph...>>Alignment=Justify it worked. Just doing Select All and then clicking the Justify button did not work, however. Thanks for the help!
griffbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Glad you got it working, griffbrad!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffbrad
When I set the style by doing Select All, Format>>Paragraph...>>Alignment=Justify it worked. Just doing Select All and then clicking the Justify button did not work, however. Thanks for the help!
Another option, at least in Open Office, is to right click on a random paragraph and select "Edit Paragraph Style", then click justified and 14 pt font. This lets one justify body text and change the font size (of just the body text) in one fell swoop, while leaving things like headings etc. alone (assuming that the headings have actually been marked up as headings!).

Cheers,

ScS
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote