Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Sony library - Error undefined

I noticed it some days ago: When the reader library opens with my reader plugged in, it's supposed to open a pop-up window informing me of any updates. Lately this window has the title "Error" and the message "undefined". That's all. I click okay, and my reader is detected and I can see the contents just fine. If I select "check for updates" I get the same Error undefined window again. It doesn't really bother me, but do you have any ideas why this might be?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sounds like it something might be being blocked by your firewall or virus protection.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

That would be strange because it was working until about a week ago, and nothing changed in my antivirus/firewall situation that I know of...
Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm getting the same. I think the update server is down.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, that could be it.

I just tried it manually with my 505 plugged in and it pops up and says "No Updates Available"

Last edited by kennyc; 01-17-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's with the older 3.0 version of the software that I'm getting this error, by the way; I've not bothered upgrading.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
kennyc

I'm on 3.1 Sony App Library
Old 01-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Are you on 3.0, omk3?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could be that 3.0 is not compatible and that's why the error. 3.1.x works fine for checking for updates.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No, it looks like some problem with the update server. 3.1 is finding out there is no update, and telling you so. 3.0 is finding out that there is an update, but isn't able to get it, for some reason. It's definitely a problem at Sony's end - it worked fine a few days ago.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
omk3
Wizard

I've got version 3.1.00.12040. Maybe it has to do with american vs uk servers?
Good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem anyway
Old 01-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Mikesbook
Enthusiast
Mikesbook began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I'm getting the same error here in Uk with ver 3.1
Mikesbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:41 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Looks like it's a UK problem.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #14
omk3
Wizard

It seems to be fixed! I'm getting the "no updates available" again.