Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
maria88
Banned
maria88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question what video settings the iPhone 8g supports?

Has anyone used the Any Video Converter program? I just had it installed in my new Windows 7 and would like to convert a couple of videos to iPhone 8g. Does anybody know at what settings (format, Bitrate, resolution, sample rate) the iPhone 8g supports?
Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
according to Apple's site:
Quote:
Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
However, I have successfully transferred 704x and 720x videos to both my 3G and 3GS. Of course, the iPhone can only display 480x320 onscreen. I convert to higher resolutions to use for other purposes, and don't want to keep additional copies of lower resolutions just for the iPhone.

I use Handbrake to convert files on Windows, and Handbrake and VisualHub (discontinued) on the Mac. Both have optimized presets for the iPhone.
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Spammer. Banned. Posted similar questions on other forums.
Closed Thread