Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Selling Sony Connect/eBook Store gift cards

I got a few hundred dollars worth of Sony Connect/eBook Store gift cards as presents over the Holidays. (I guess all that bragging about my Sony Reader paid off!)

I doubt I'll be able to spend them all anytime soon, so I'd be willing to sell them at exact dollar value to anyone interested. Just PM me the value you want in USD and your email address, and I'll send you my PayPal info so you can send the payment. Once I get the payment, I'll email OR PM (your choice) the gift card code to you. The gift cards come in denominations of $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100.

I'll fill requests on a 1st come, 1st served basis until all my dollars run out (leaving some money for myself, of course)

I'll be willing to eat the PayPal fees on these transactions, too

PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by JTravers; 07-01-2008 at 09:26 AM.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
crusader666
Enthusiast
crusader666 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
I got a few hundred dollars worth of Sony Connect/eBook Store gift cards as presents over the Holidays. (I guess all that bragging about my Sony Reader paid off!)

I doubt I'll be able to spend them all anytime soon, so I'd be willing to sell them at exact dollar value to anyone interested.
Um, exactly what is the incentive to buy gift cards from someone else at exact dollar value? Am I missing something here?
crusader666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader666 View Post
Um, exactly what is the incentive to buy gift cards from someone else at exact dollar value? Am I missing something here?
I should have mentioned this, but this is more targeted towards those living outside the US who aren't able to buy books from the Sony eBook Store due to it only allowing purchases from buyers with a US credit card.

Buying gift cards gives them the ability to get around this silly limitation by Sony.

These gift cards don't expire, so I could just hold onto them and slowly spend them over the next couple years. Just thought I'd help some international buyers out, though. Since I live in the US, I can always use the cash I receive to make purchases later.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader666 View Post
Well you can only get them in the US, so overseas folks might want then since they can't buy from Sony without a US cc or a gift card.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Right, I get it, 'exact dollar value' meaning - <slow>for every one british pound I pay, I get two dollars of spending power.</slow>

Numbers hurt ug's head at best of times, ug have nice lie down now.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #6
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygibsonsf View Post
Right, I get it, 'exact dollar value' meaning - <slow>for every one british pound I pay, I get two dollars of spending power.</slow>

Numbers hurt ug's head at best of times, ug have nice lie down now.

I have $150 more to sell, if any other people are interested.
Thanks.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:39 AM   #7
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
I can set anyone's fears at rest - I purchased $50 gift voucher from JTravers via paypal and my Sony ebook store account is now $50 better off.

very useful for someone who doesn't have a US credit card and doesn't travel to the US and so can't pick any vouchers myself.

Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
JTravers
Groupie

Update:
I'm now down to $100 worth of gift cards left to sell.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
zoe.hutcheson
zoe.hutcheson began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
buy vouchers

If you can confirm that I will be able to purchase books from the sony reader ebook library from uk with these vouchers then I would love to buy your remaining vouchers off you.
Have had reader for over a year now, bought upon release in NY when they said they were releasing it in UK shortly. As they havent, it has been basically useless since.
Thanks
Zoe
zoe.hutcheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #10
JTravers
Groupie

Yes, you should be able to purchase ebooks in the Sony eBook Store from anywhere in the world using these vouchers.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
JTravers
Groupie

Update:
Sold out.

Thanks to everyone who bought from me.
If I have any extras in the future, I'll be sure to post them here.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
About the vouchers, when you get the vouchers for the eBook Store, do you get a code that you then enter into the eBook store to give you the credit?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
About the vouchers, when you get the vouchers for the eBook Store, do you get a code that you then enter into the eBook store to give you the credit?
Yes, exactly. You get a unique code which can then be applied to your eBook Store account.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #14
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hopefully they will do this again soon
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #15
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Hopefully they will do this again soon
Do what again?