Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Lightbulb Experience in handling complex graphics in Boox devices

This might be a trivial and old topic, but still thought some of you might be interested to know about my recent experience in handling complex graphics in Boox devices (to be specified, T68 and M92).

I have been having difficulty to get the pdf readers in both devices to properly display pages with complex graphics (those pdfs all display well in other market pdf viewing apps). It turns out the solution is simple - make sure you embed the fonts in the pdf files. See discussion
[URL="http://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/X/pro/using/WS58a04a822e3e50102bd615109794195ff-7c75.w.html"]

I think there are various ways doing that, but I did it in a rather uncommon way..
http://astrostatistics.psu.edu/su07/...mbedFonts.html

Hope this helps someone who is also struggling with this issue.

Max
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Hi Max,

How was the missing font interfering with the display of the PDF file? I was thinking that the reader application would just replace it with one of the available 'standard' fonts. Or am I mistaken.

I also have a PDF with heavy color background graphics & it looks pretty bad on my M96, but I though it was due to it being a heavy/complex file to display, since the page started to display, but the reader application just tried to mess around with properly rendering the background graphics.
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by japinder View Post
Hi Max,

How was the missing font interfering with the display of the PDF file? I was thinking that the reader application would just replace it with one of the available 'standard' fonts. Or am I mistaken.

I also have a PDF with heavy color background graphics & it looks pretty bad on my M96, but I though it was due to it being a heavy/complex file to display, since the page started to display, but the reader application just tried to mess around with properly rendering the background graphics.
Without embedding fonts, Boox device cannot display the whole page with the complex graphics I have, i.e. the screen sort of freezes when I turn to the particular page.

I guess it is because OnyxNeo Reader (and pdf readers in M92) does not have fonts for some graphics I have. I think embedding fonts will make the pdf non-reader-dependent.

This is just a trick I find useful for a problem I have been having for long, might not help you though..

Max
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote