Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
Dead mans switch for Audio Books?

Is there a way to have a Dead mans switch for Audio Books?

I like to listen to audio books as I doze off but the problem is the book just
keeps on going so It is tough to figure out where you were when you fell asleep.

I would like to see a mod/hack that would make the kindle softly beep
every 10 minutes and then you would have to push one of the page
buttons within a few seconds to have the audio book continue playing.
If the button does not get pressed then the audio book stops playing.

Then upon resume you are presented with two choices.

1. Resume from where you left off
(good for when you let it play to the end of a section then roll over and go to sleep

or

2 Resume from previous start of last 10 minute section
(Good for when you fall asleep while listening and before the 10 minute timer beep)

Is there a mod/hack for this, if not is it a challenge
someone with far more talent than I would like to attempt.

Thank you
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote