Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Norik
Norik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350 (and a 700 in a drawer)
Auto import ebook from a Folder?

Is there a way to set up Calibre to automaticly import ebooks from a folder? It would make things easier for me if I could set it up to import any new .azw ebooks from the Content folder.

For firewall reasons, I can't get k4pc on my netbook to access when I'm away from home, but dropbox and calibre work fine.

It would also save my wife the hassel of me having to talk her through it when I phone home.

TIA.
Norik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
A simple search would reveal this question gets asked fairly frequently. Here is one such post for you.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+import+folder

One of these days someone should write a plugin to do this...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Here's what I do....
Simply make sure all your downloaded books are directed to a common "book_downloads" folder (or put in your regular "downloads").

If that can't be done, then create an alias of each your "download folders" then put each alias in a common folder. From within Calibre, when you "Add Books" point it to the common folder that contains the aliases. Doing this will make all your various download folders available in one place when using the Calibre "Add" function.

When you are looking at the folders (you've clicked "Add Books" and looking in the proper folder) simply click on "Date Modifed" and the recently added book(s) will be on top. You don't even need to know it's name, just the fact that it's the newest download.

Hope this idea helps....
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote