Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
a-name4epub
a-name4epub began at the beginning.

Device: none
"referenced resource exists, but not declared" what fixes this?

Ok, so <a href="internal-link.xhtml">link</a> is ok? I have some of those for reader convenience. The files are all included in the toc.nxc and content.opf files, but I get this error: referenced resource exists, but not declared in the OPF file. Any ideas?
a-name4epub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
The error message will indicate which line in the Content.opf file it is referring to.
So, basiclly, and without using my immense powers of mind reading, can safely say:

You have referenced a resource file (image, xhtml, something), but you have not declared it in the OPF file (between the <manifest></manifest> section).
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
The error message will indicate which line in the Content.opf file it is referring to.
So, basiclly, and without using my immense powers of mind reading, can safely say:

You have referenced a resource file (image, xhtml, something), but you have not declared it in the OPF file (between the <manifest></manifest> section).
Or it could be a typo for something that was declared
Watch out for Case mis-matches, wrong-way slashes...
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
a-name4epub
a-name4epub began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello - I got it to pass! I was happy to see the number of errors go down as I found them and re-validated. Yes, it was several typos - I made this epub by hand (over 400 files) - and a few things I would not have known until I tried and fixed them. One of the odd errors seemed to be a space where a tag was expected even though the tag followed right after.
@theducks yes I had case mis-matches at first. they were easy to catch, but the files and ids where I used a leading zero in front of a numeral in some places and not in others were a big thing to fix.

Thanks for caring.
a-name4epub is offline   Reply With Quote