Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
alborn
alborn began at the beginning.

Device: K3
sharing books by email: automated send

Hi there,

I just started using Calibre for the purpose of fetching various RSS feeds and generating a newspaper for the way to work.
The automatically downloaded and converted feeds are emailed with the auto send option to my Kindly account. So far it works very well. However as recently a second Kindle came into the family, we face a little problem:

We would like to send different feeds to different Kindles automatically. For example tech news for me, life-style news for my wife and the world news for both of us...
Does anybody know how to do this?

(At the moment I can only think of using different ebook formats for the two devices, so that the auto send function delivers MOBI only to Kindle 1 and EPUB only to Kindle 2, but this seems not to be very flexible.)

Thank you very much for your help!

Al
alborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use two calibre installs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, alborn.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
alborn
alborn began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Thanks for the answer

Sometimes one does not see the wood for all the trees...

Thanks for the quick answer and the warm welcome to the forum.
I will try out this work around.
Thanks for developing this neat program.

Al
alborn is offline   Reply With Quote