Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-23-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
MountainMan1
MountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: None
Calibre adding launch icon in statusbar in Linux Mint

When I updated Calibre to the latest version 2.79.1 on Linux Mint KDE 17.3, it started a new behavior I haven't seen in the past, which I would like to stop. It automatically puts a quickstart icon on the statusbar at the bottom of the system window. I don't want it there, I will go to my application launcher and start it from the menu whenever I need to use it.

Can anyone help me with information on how to stop it from putting this startup icon in the statusbar? Thank you
MountainMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you mean a systemtray icon, you can control it in Preferences->Look & Feel (it is off by default)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
MountainMan1
MountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a TexanMountainMan1 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: None
I just updated to ver 2.80.1, as a bit of added information. That box was already unchecked in preferences > Look & Feel, off by default as you said, and I had never turned it on. It was still showing the same icon in the systemtray. I clicked on the little gold icon in the lower right corner for the KDE [plasma desktop (I think)] Panel Tool Box. As I swept my mouse cursor over the Calibre Icon in the System Tray, a little pop-up box rose up, and there was an X in the upper right corner like for closing a window. I clicked on it, and the Calibre icon disappeared from the System Tray. Don't know how it got in there in the first place, but that seems to have gotten rid of it and solved the problem. If the problem shows up again later, I will post again. Thank you for your prompt reply and your assistance on this matter.

P.S. Thank you for producing a wonderful piece of software, I find it highly useful, well thought out & arranged, and easy to use when I do need to make use of it.

Last edited by MountainMan1; 02-23-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: additional information
MountainMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kde, linux mint, status bar