Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@chilady1, sorry you're having problems with GitHub, it seems to be working for others.

The device diagnostics log you're posting is no longer the one I need to see. If you refer back to my earlier post:

I've updated the "Please read this before creating a new issue" topic at the issue tracker with instructions on how to create a debug log.

Please create a debug log, then log into GitHub, and create a new issue at the issue tracker. Add the contents of your debug log, which should tell me why you're not connecting.

The debug log is created by starting calibre in debug mode. It is not same as printing out the connected devices.

If you're unable to post to GitHub, you can add it here inside a spoiler, or PM me the details.

G
DONE - and this time posted in GitHub - making progress! LOL!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
DONE - and this time posted in GitHub - making progress! LOL!
I responded to your GitHub issue, that was exactly what I needed to see.

G
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #33
mhk1999
mhk1999 began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Having trouble. Followed your tutorial but cannot get the connection.
Have the latest iTunes (11.0.4.4)
Updated Calibre, updated Marvin to most current versions (0.9.34 and 1.7).
Installed IOS reader applications plugin.
restarted Calibre
Found plugin and customized it for Marvin as per screen view.
Exited Calibre
Connected only the iPad to the computer
Restarted Calibre
Opened Marvin on iPad and initiated calibre from cloud
Calibre connector pupup shows with disconnect button.
Says: Calibre connector
Waiting for calibre....
(button underneath says "Disconnect")
(Waiting for calibre.... never goes away)
Nothing happens and button for Marvin never shows up on calibre
Turned computer off and went through the whole thing again
Tried this several times without any luck.
Any Ideas?
One thing in the start of the tutorial it said
"If you have the Apple iDevice interface plugin installed on your system, disable or remove it."
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and have iTunes installed on a PC. I'm not sure what the "interface " means and if I have it installed on my system (pc system? or ipad system? or is this for apple computers?)Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #34
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
I responded to your GitHub issue, that was exactly what I needed to see.

G
I'm Fixed! I'm Fixed! THANK YOU GRiker! You rock! Now I can go back and actually figure out how to use this great functionality.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhk1999 View Post
Having trouble. Followed your tutorial but cannot get the connection.
Have the latest iTunes (11.0.4.4)
Updated Calibre, updated Marvin to most current versions (0.9.34 and 1.7).
Installed IOS reader applications plugin.
restarted Calibre
Found plugin and customized it for Marvin as per screen view.
Exited Calibre
Connected only the iPad to the computer
Restarted Calibre
Opened Marvin on iPad and initiated calibre from cloud
Calibre connector pupup shows with disconnect button.
Says: Calibre connector
Waiting for calibre....
(button underneath says "Disconnect")
(Waiting for calibre.... never goes away)
Nothing happens and button for Marvin never shows up on calibre
Turned computer off and went through the whole thing again
Tried this several times without any luck.
Any Ideas?
One thing in the start of the tutorial it said
"If you have the Apple iDevice interface plugin installed on your system, disable or remove it."
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and have iTunes installed on a PC. I'm not sure what the "interface " means and if I have it installed on my system (pc system? or ipad system? or is this for apple computers?)Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks
Please create a GitHub issue as described in the first post in this thread, following the If you have problems instructions. Post your device debug information when you create your issue.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 06-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #36
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
Thumbs up

Quote:
I've updated the plugin to version 1.0.1 to support two additional iDevices.

@andy88 and @jessifanfic, please update to confirm that these changes work for you.

G
Sorry for the delay I had to work late tonight. Calibre successfully recognizes my iPad now, haven't tried to do anything else yet. Thank you for your help!!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #37
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
I would like to automatically create Marvin collections from my Calibre tags. Is that possible right now? Will this be added in the future?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #38
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@ichbindasauge - You'll find those already in the organiser (book icon, top left toolbar in library).

1) Go to organiser.
2) If "Subjects" item is not visible, tap the pencil icon and show it. Then tap pencil again.
3) Now, choose "Subjects" in the organiser. Subjects are the same tags in calibre.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #39
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Great, thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #40
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Hi,
I have just installed this plugin.
I have Calibre 0.9.35
I use GoodReader

When I connect the device a calibre work starts to look at the books of the device.
I the pdftoppm calibre conversion part fails the whole process fails and you can't access your GoodReader library.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
Hi,
I have just installed this plugin.
I have Calibre 0.9.35
I use GoodReader

When I connect the device a calibre work starts to look at the books of the device.
I the pdftoppm calibre conversion part fails the whole process fails and you can't access your GoodReader library.
Hi Giuseppe,
Please create an issue as described in the first post in this thread, including a debug log.

G
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #42
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

I have written on github.

Please note: on my system I have no "install command line tools" in preferences/advanced/misc.

Second note: pdftoppm could crash even if it encounters a defective pdf.
I suppos there is only a workaround for this problem: start as many jobs as the number of books and manage any "error" that could arise.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #43
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Chillem View Post
I have written on github.

Please note: on my system I have no "install command line tools" in preferences/advanced/misc.

Second note: pdftoppm could crash even if it encounters a defective pdf.
I suppos there is only a workaround for this problem: start as many jobs as the number of books and manage any "error" that could arise.
As noted in several places, you don't need to remind me here that you created or updated an issue. I get an email.

See my comments in your issue for missing details that I still need.

G
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #44
GRiker

Version 1.0.3 of the iOS reader applications plugin is now available:
  • Additional device IDs were added for some iPad models.
  • GoodReader: a Windows-only bug with the GoodReader driver was fixed.
  • Marvin: collection assignments from calibre are now appended to collections created in Marvin when updating metadata. The help file has been updated with a detailed explanation of how collection assignments are managed.

G
Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #45
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Why many books have "unknown - unknown" in author and tittle in the device view ?

(Also note, today I gave you my "thanks" on paypal ;-)
Closed Thread