Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
DR800SG now also available at CAR TOYS

here's a link

same price though as at BestBuy

*** that's funny/ironic, seems you can pay through amazon.com ***

Last edited by pauli; 02-26-2010 at 06:39 PM.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Haven't heard of them before. iRex has said they're only distributing through BestBuy, wonder where this place is getting their DR800SGs from?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
They have quite a few brick and mortar stores in Texas for auto accessories (electronics). Very popular here for auto gadgets.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
*** that's funny/ironic, seems you can pay through amazon.com ***
Yeah, I noticed that too. Kind of struck me as a little odd, especially since iRex has so far been saying BestBuy only for now. I sent iRex a note asking if this was legit. Maybe when they said more retailers would be added later, they meant this soon.

I'll let you know what I hear back from iRex.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Unless you live in Washington, Colorado or Texas you should pay no tax.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Yeah, apparently they carry the Astak in their store. I had no idea...

They don't have the iRex in-store, unfortunately.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
etpuis
etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex 800SG
Strange thing is that if I choose "pay with Amazon.com" option I even get $40 promotional discount. Combined with $0 sales tax (I'm in California), that makes me save more than 70 bucks. Interesting..
etpuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Do they have them in stock?
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etpuis View Post
Strange thing is that if I choose "pay with Amazon.com" option I even get $40 promotional discount. Combined with $0 sales tax (I'm in California), that makes me save more than 70 bucks. Interesting..
You're right about the discount! Still free shipping if you choose ground.

With the savings I wouldn't mind so much if it's backordered!

Last edited by SCION; 02-26-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
oneau
oneau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Says on the site "in Stock", if this is legit, think I will cancel bb and go with them, I would have to pay tax but still save about 16.00
oneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I ordered one. I haven't got a "backordered" message yet. we'll see
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
abdulsattar
no longer paper-books
abdulsattar began at the beginning.

Device: previously Sony 505, Onyx Boox ,Kindle DX,iPhone
The one in BestBuy is premium limited edition as they wrote in their email to me

(IREX-Digital Reader Premium Limited Edition-DR800SG-US-BK-VD)

So, may be the one in CAR TOYS is different ( not premium limited )

??????
abdulsattar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulsattar View Post
The one in BestBuy is premium limited edition as they wrote in their email to me

(IREX-Digital Reader Premium Limited Edition-DR800SG-US-BK-VD)

So, may be the one in CAR TOYS is different ( not premium limited )

??????
Interesting...

A neoprene sleeve and regular plastic stylus is far from premium.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
in the box "USB charger, neoprene cover, stylus"

I bought it using the checkout with Amazon link so the price with ground shipping was $359
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
abdulsattar
no longer paper-books
abdulsattar began at the beginning.

Device: previously Sony 505, Onyx Boox ,Kindle DX,iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Interesting...

A neoprene sleeve and regular plastic stylus is far from premium.
, nothing we can do about that though.
abdulsattar is offline   Reply With Quote