Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-26-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Jeffrey Thomas's "Deadstock" - free ebook download

Jeffrey Thomas's novel Deadstock sounds like an excellent evening-filler for those who enjoy hard-SciFi action:

Quote:
Punktown, crime-ridden metropolis on the colony world, Oasis, is home to the scum of countless alien races. Stalking its mean streets is Jeremy Stake, the private detective with chameleon-like abilities he does not want and cannot control. There's his wealthy client, Fukuda, whose company makes synthetic life forms as playthings for the rich. Then there's Fukuda's beautiful teenage daughter, whose priceless one-of-a-kind living doll has been stolen. And there is the doll itself, growing in size, intelligence, and resentment.

The destinies of all these individuals will converge, and collide, in Punktown.
True, "Punktown" sounds a bit cheesy; but that's part of the allure, is it not? You can download the book for free in PDF format, with Mobipocket format coming soon.

[via FantasyBookSpot]
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Great post; I knew about this for several months now since Solaris announced it, and they even kept their word about the date of the free release. However I did not like the book when I've tried it a while ago in its print version, so I forgot to post about it here.

Solaris has many other free goodies, including the book published in serial installments by C. Roberson

Check:

http://www.solarisbooks.com/
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
sethuramang
sethuramang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Has anybody tried converting the PDF or the prc that Solaris has on their website? Both (I tried converting the PDF through Amazon) don't display correctly on my Kindle esp. the opening quotations. I wonder if they just posted the final manuscript PDF and did a quick and dirty conversion.
sethuramang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I like the sound of this one. Pulpy and fun. I'll put this on my reading list.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I picked up the Mobipocket version today. The formatting is not very good -- not even page breaks at the beginning of each chapter -- but it was a free book. Synopsis of the book is appealing, so I'll read it when time permits.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
sethuramang
sethuramang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Yup, the mobi version is pretty badly cobbled together. It may be free but the poor formatting was enough to turn me off from reading it. Add this to the pile of botched ebook releases.
The novel is really good. Pity the release wasn't up to par. It would have got a greater audience.
Two reviews: Review 1 and Review 2.
Of course now with Solaris up for sale I don't expect a cleaned up mobi version or even a Kindle release.
sethuramang is offline   Reply With Quote