Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #1
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Kobo App Won't Start in IOS 8

I just bought a new iPad, which is running IOS 8.0.2. I haven't started the Kobo App to log in.

When I do start it, it hangs on the "Upgrading Library" screen. Obviously, I have nothing in my library yet.

Any tips or advice?
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Make sure you're on Kobo version 7.4, which was released September 18 for iOS 8. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app may also help fix crash issues from a bad install.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2014, 06:48 AM   #3
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reinstalling worked. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Did you have a previous iOS device that had the app installed? If so, then did you restore from a backup on the new device?

Earlier versions of the app will, if you have them, install on iOS 8, but they won't be overly compatible. v7.4 is the current live version of the app and it is iOS only, and in our tests, we've not seen this upgrade issue when using a brand new install of the app.

It could be that the older version was installed, would not run correctly, and then after you deleted it, the reinstall, which I'm guessing was done via the App Store on the device, would have installed v7.4, which is compatible with iOS 8.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #5
Sregener
Addict

I did have a previous IOS device, and I did do a restore. And then the app updated itself to the new version before starting. But updating apparently didn't work right, and that's what caused the hang.

Deleting the app and then downloading the new version from the app store worked as it should.
Advert
Old 10-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #6
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Any idea what version of the app you had on the older iOS device, or even what iOS version the older device was running?

I'm a bit funny in that I do like to try and figure out what the cause of these type of issues are.

I wonder if it's just a case of it doing a restore, automatic upgrade to v7.4 (auto upgrade due to that option being set to "on" by default in the App Store settings) and then having problems. Weird, as a restore to a new device usually signs you out of the app
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote