Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Cottser
Enthusiast
Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sleep mode without cover display always shows the same percentage read

I'm running 1.9.12. If I turn off the book cover display for sleep mode, it always displays 36% read on the sleep screen, regardless of my actual position in the book, and even if I switch to another book.

I haven't really tested the "no cover" mode much on previous firmware so I can't say for sure if this is a new bug or not.

Anyone else seeing this?
Cottser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
this happened on my Wifi model till i updated to 1.9 firmware. maybe tis a bug that returned in the touch.

I found the only way to update the cover screen, was to press home before going to sleep. At that point it updated.

the worst was if i didnt do that and the battery died, when i returned to reading my book, it returned to the last place i pressed the home button on. NOT the current location
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
Cottser
Enthusiast
Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Just a note to say I'm still seeing this on 1.9.17, always 36% read.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I can't say that I've seen that. I'm working my way through The Young Hornblower Omnibus and slowly but surely the percent read is updating during sleep mode/powered off.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Cottser
Enthusiast

Thanks, looks like this is probably fixable with a factory reset but I'll probably just turn covers back on.
Advert