Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
danni
danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kobo glo
kobo libray problem

Hi all,
I have a problem on my koboglo.
I use calibre for loading some e-books (epub) on my koboglo and the files are copied correctly on the root of the device but I can't see them in my library.

I try to change the folder in which are stored epubs but nothing changed...

The firmware is 2.6.1.

Help me please!
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Where you put the books shouldn't matter. About the only thing is not to put them in a folder that starts with a dot as the name. The other is to make sure they have legal file names, but using calibre should make sure of that.

When you disconnected the device, did it show the processing screen? This is a black screen that shows it is processing the books and adding them to the internal database and hence the library. If it didn't show, then check the books where actually put on the device.

If the processing screen did show, then it probably means one of the books is bad in some way. When the books are first seen, they are processed and added to the database. If this fails for a book, other books in the same batch are not added. Unfortunately, the only way I know to find the bad book is trial and error. You will need to remove all the books that didn't get put into the library, and add them in small batches or one at a time, until you find the one that didn't work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
danni
danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.danni knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kobo glo
Thumbs up solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When you disconnected the device, did it show the processing screen? This is a black screen that shows it is processing the books and adding them to the internal database and hence the library. If it didn't show, then check the books where actually put on the device.
The problem was that processing screen didn't start and the DB didn't update. I think that I turned on my kobo too much quickly after unmounting the device...

I solved waiting some moments and then removing the usb cable from the device (I don't know if it is necessary). The processing screen started and the DB was updated.

danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
The problem was that processing screen didn't start and the DB didn't update. I think that I turned on my kobo too much quickly after unmounting the device...

I solved waiting some moments and then removing the usb cable from the device (I don't know if it is necessary). The processing screen started and the DB was updated.

You have to wait after unplugging the USB cable for the device to process the new content. When it's done it will return you to the home screen.
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post

I just eject and unplug. There is probably a few seconds between them, so maybe that is needed. The processing should start automatically as the device recognizes it is unplugged and restarts the software.

Anyway, it is working which is good. Now, go and read a book
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Once in a while on my Touch I have seen it refuse to acknowledge an unplug cycle, and just stay on the connected screen.

In that case, I've had to do a power cycle to get it to scan for new content.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre add book, library epub