Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-24-2004, 10:22 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclamation PalmGear RSS Feeds

For all you (RSS) News Junkies... we made two new RSS feeds aggregating the latest 'New Software' and 'New Updates' from PalmGear.

PalmGear New Software feed:
https://www.mobileread.com/feeds/pgnews.xml

PalmGear New Updates feed:
https://www.mobileread.com/feeds/pgupdated.xml

The feed automatically updates every 30 minutes.

If you don't know yet what RSS is, feel free to ask!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Sweet!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2004, 06:52 AM   #3
elveejay
elveejay is on a distinguished road

Device: Visor Prism; Tungsten TE
Okay, I am asking. What is RSS?
elveejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Really Simple Syndication.

The Washington Post has a good intro: here.

Be sure to read the article too (incorrectly linked on the page above): here.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:34 AM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Great work, I was looking for these...thanks Alex.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2004, 02:55 PM   #6
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Seems to work really well with my online rss2plucker page..
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hacker, is your rss2plucker page available for public? If yes, could you tell me the url?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:57 AM   #8
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
Is there a problem with the Palmgear updated feed? I just noticed I haven't seen any new software since Tuesday, and the site has some that fits in this category.

Thanks for all your hard work on this and the rest of the site; I love to read, but selcom post.
captainao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:08 AM   #9
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Oops, that was "seldom." Anyway, I checked the xml page here and it certainly has the updated info, so I tried again with Newsgator, my RSS reader, and see that I'm getting a time out error; I tried a number of times and got this.
Not sure why, since the xml page seems to come up pretty quickly in my browser; will keep trying.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:18 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

captainao what rss reader are you using?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:28 AM   #11
captainao
Enthusiast

NewsGator Windows Edition (www.newsgator.com)
Old 10-22-2004, 08:29 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok I am not using Outlook and it appears it only works integrated with Outlook. Are you still having problems with refreshing the feed?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:37 AM   #13
captainao
Enthusiast

Yes - I've never had the problem before and I'd been using it successfully since you launched it until Tuesday. I also just tried to make that feed a Firefox Live Bookmark - FF is indicating "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
Old 10-22-2004, 09:15 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

That is correct, for ff to display the tree. Don't worry we'll find the culprit! I did some tweaks to the caching algorithm, and perhaps NewsGator doesn't like it.

Can you tell me if NewsGator gives any kind of debug information of why it fails to update the feed? Is it always a "time-out"? Does it say more?
Old 10-22-2004, 03:39 PM   #15
TadW
Uebermensch

Alex, works fine for me (FeedDemon).