Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator
KatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litter

Device: Several - Mostly Use Pocket PC - HP6315
New eBookStore

We are celebrating the grand opening of our eBookStore:
eBooksAboutEverything !

Over 70,000 eBooks in over 4,000 categories make for easy browsing by topic, or use the eBooks About Everything Quick Search to find an exact title or author. We offer multiple formats, eBook reward points, and special discounts for registered users.

We are offering 10% storewide throughout the month of February in Celebration of our Grand Opening, simply enter the coupon code below when checking out:

Also, Please participate at the eBooksAboutEverything blog - We'd love to recieve comments or suggestions about the design of our store, ease of use, etc.

Or reply directly to me, Katrina Cardway
KatrinaCardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Wecome Katrina! You landed with a bunch of word hungry techno geeks. You have enough on your site to feed most of us. May I suggest a tad more scifi?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yes, more sci-fi, and a format that I can read on my Sony Reader would be nice.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Yet it seems that the site offers only Palm, MS Reader, Mobi, and PDF. All with DRM? Although that is never mentioned that I saw.

For those of us using the e-ink (Sony Reader or iRex) there seems to be nothing.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator
KatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litter

DRM free is up to the publishers, not me :(

I am working diligently to promote DRM free content that is readable on E-Ink devices behind the scenes with my contacts.

I still read on my Pocket PC rather than my Illiad for this very reason.

I hope to have offerings in those formats in the near future. I will let you know of any new developments.

Thanks for checking us out!!

-Katrina
Advert
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator

Oh... and On Sci-Fi!!!

If you didn't see this yet, check out our dedicated Science Fiction Category and all sub-categories :
eBooks About Everything - Science Fiction

Thanks for the feedback!

-Katrina
Old 02-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, that's much better. Is there some way to browse the whole sci-fi listing (by author names, for preference), or must I go through each category separately?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator

Navigation... hrmmm...

Currently, I have the Sci-Fi split into it's seperate sub-genres.
I could, in future, create a monster Sci-Fi category for perusing the whole schebang at once. If you want a specific author or title, go right to our quick search (but be warned, it is a bit picky about spelling - always gets me)

Let me ponder & I'll get back to you.

Thanks for the input!

-Katrina
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Glad to hear you are trying to negotiate non-DRM editions. It's a fairly decent selection of SF, considering what's out there these days. Some prices seem a bit high, though. Piper's Little Fuzzy has what, 200 pages? For $5.99? $6.99 for Heinlein's Puppet Masters? $27.95 for Charles De Lint's Onion Girl??? It's not like these books are going to cannibalize new release hardcover sales. I'm sure the publishers are pushing these prices, but maybe you could push back a bit?

Also, you might want to check your database -- you seem to be listing the author's name under "publication date" in some places.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaCardway
If you want a specific author or title, go right to our quick search (but be warned, it is a bit picky about spelling - always gets me)
I never can remember what author I want to look for with those things -- one or two, sure, but not my whole list of authors. I was hoping for something like I get at the Brick&Mortar bookstore -- you know, just walk down the shelf and read the names. Actually, now that I think of it, just an alphabetical list of names that clicked through to each author's listing would probably suit my purposes best. Just submitted for your consideration, you understand.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #11
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Or being able to search within a category would be good. Took me a while to find De Lint titles (not that there are many in ebook format anyway).
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I never can remember what author I want to look for with those things -- one or two, sure, but not my whole list of authors. I was hoping for something like I get at the Brick&Mortar bookstore -- you know, just walk down the shelf and read the names. Actually, now that I think of it, just an alphabetical list of names that clicked through to each author's listing would probably suit my purposes best. Just submitted for your consideration, you understand.
Try this. Open a window into Katrina's site and another window to this site. Copy paste and go! Two screens work better for this.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:25 AM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

Interesting notion, yvanleterrible -- now that you point it out, I could probably do the same thing with Amazon's category authors list, which may be more complete.

I'm sure it is easier with two screens, but I'll just have to muddle through with one somehow.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator

Wow!!

I'm having great fun reading your replies... I've been doing development in seclusion. It's very cool to get ideas about how you all search for the books you want. Please contine to give feedback and I'll work double time to implement suggestions!!

Thanks so much,
Katrina
Old 02-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Piper's Little Fuzzy has what, 200 pages? For $5.99?
Well, it's gonna be tough to sell 5.99 a book you can get for free...
http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/313

Are these e-book stores aware that a whole lot of books are available in the public domain ?

DRM free for new books is the way to go, look at what's happening with the music industry, even Steve Jobs says that DRM is ruining the industry. People won't steal classics like they did with mp3, these classics are available in a legal way for free, but they DO need new materials for their reader. I understand that it's a really tough job to make them understand what's better for the industry, but now that we've seen the outcome for both the music and video industry, there's a whole lot of example to create a better e-book industry.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote