Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Question ADE leaves files behind after deleting eBooks?

I was searching for a particular eBook within the ADE folders today and found the following two folders:

1. C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/My Digital Editions/Annotations

The above folder contains a file (or multiple files) for every book that I've ever used (or maybe just imported) in ADE. I have since deleted many ePub and PDF books that I've opened with ADE and these files remain behind.

2. C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/My Digital Editions/Thumbnails

The above folder contains a thumbnail (or multiple thumbnails) of the book cover(s) for every book that I've ever used in ADE. I have since deleted many of these books, yet the thumbnails remain behind.

Does anyone know of any reason why I can't clean out these folders, or at the least remove duplicates, triplicates, etc....??

Thanks, Ken

(I'm also looking into duplicate (or more) thumbnails stored on the reader itself)
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The clean up should be fine. It will recreate whatever it needs although you may lose bookmarks and your reading location.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The clean up should be fine. It will recreate whatever it needs although you may lose bookmarks and your reading location.

Dale
Thanks. Since I have removed the eBooks from the reader and no longer require any bookmarks/locations, I should be able to clean out the lot.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
Thanks. Since I have removed the eBooks from the reader and no longer require any bookmarks/locations, I should be able to clean out the lot.

As Dale said, the thumbnails will be regenerated if needed. If you don't care about any annotations you can delete those as well. However you may want to look through them first to make sure. They are fairly straight forward XML files, so you can see if there is anything important in them using Notepad, but if you prefer a more formatted look, I did some PHP scripts which I host on my personal web site that will do a pretty print of the annots.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote