Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Problem inserting rar'd html - on linux

I have a couple of books that are rar'd multi-page html.
Under Linux (Mint 7,32bit, Calibre 0.6.17) it imports but shows no book after it is imported.

Thought I would try under my virtual xp, and it works fine...

So possibly a fault in the unrar proceedure or the opf input.

Ticket raised #3752
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How did you install calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
hairybiker
Banned

Using the script from your web site.
i.e.
sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download_linux_binary_installer').read(); main()"

Accepted the defaults.
The windows one was just the windows installer.

I have a licensed version of linux rar (rar labs version) installed, and can open rar files no problem using the gui tools.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Run it as

calibre-debug -d

ina terminal and post the output when importing your RAR files
Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
hairybiker
Banned

All I got then was:
calibre-debug
Welcome to IPython. I will try to create a personal configuration directory
where you can customize many aspects of IPython's functionality in:

/home/ken/.config/calibre/.ipython
WARNING:
Installation error. IPython's directory was not found.
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oops should be

calibre-debug -g

Note the -g
Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
hairybiker
Banned

Pah! of course it isn't doing it now. Next time it happens I will post a debug.