Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #796
hans213
hans213 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i got everything installed and it worked for a while but since i've typed a new key in the source code i get every singele time the error: incorrect padding what schould i do?am i the only one with this error?

Last edited by hans213; 01-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
hans213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #797
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans213 View Post
i got everything installed and it worked for a while but since i've typed a new key in the source code i get every singele time the error: incorrect padding what schould i do?am i the only one with this error?
Python is extremely picky about the amount lines are indented. You need to add or remove spaces at the start of the line complained about to make it match the other lines. (Not necessarily the same indent as the line before it though - Python uses indents to mark sections like C uses {}, so the conditionally executed statements of an if statement need to be one 'indent amount' in. Usually four space multiples in my experience.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 AM   #798
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #799
hans213

@GeoffC thx

@pdurrant what do you mean? i justed copied it from here deleted there are no spaces in the beginning or the end

Last edited by hans213; 01-18-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #800
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
@pdurrant what do you mean? i justed copied it from here [link removed] there are no spaces in the beginning or the end
It's a policy at Mobileread that direct links aren't posted to DRM removal tools. A moderator should edit your post shortly, or you could edit it yourself.

You need to read up on indentation in Python.
http://docs.python.org/reference/lexical_analysis.html (2.1.8)
http://www.secnetix.de/olli/Python/b...dentation.hawk
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #801
hans213

ok big thanks its work now
Old 02-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #802
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Would love to be able to use this (if I had it), since I have about 90 PDF's in DE which I can no longer download since the January aggregator debacle at Fictionwise. I'd like to be able to put them into Calibre with the rest of my books.

I have 3 versions of the key script: 4.4, 4.5 and 5, 4.5 being the only one that appears to function, but attempting to use for single books gets me the usual answer about error decrypting book session key, when I try using the 7.4 for PDF's.

Have since found the 3.3 version tools and tried 5.4 key with the 7.8 with no better results.

Last edited by ThePage; 02-05-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: update
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #803
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

If you can open and read those specific PDF's in ADE on your Mac or PC, then the "tools" should be able to help you convert them. You need to try with PDFs taken directly from your your ADE ebooks folder (to make sure they were properly encrypted by ADE). The latest is "tools_v3.3.zip". Google ApprenticeAlf and read that website. There are many helpful instructions there to get you going.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #804
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

That's what I did, but I always get the error decrypting book session key anyway
Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #805
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

So you ran read that exact pdf with ADE no problems on that very machine and account, but when you copy that pdf file out of "My Digital Editions" folder on your Mac or PC and input it to the correct tool taken from tools_v3.3.zip you get an error?

What version and which tool are you trying with? I suggest you report your exact error message, what version you are trying with, if your adeptkey.der was properly created, etc, in the Comments at the bottom of the ApprenticeAlf blog and I am sure someone there can help you.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #806
ThePage
Connoisseur

That is retired as of last month, and although he passed the passwords on to others for future use, the comments are disabled at the moment.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #807
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

Alf retired but the site does live on in reduced form and the comments are enabled on the very last topic on his blog. That is where you need to ask if you want help, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
That is retired as of last month, and although he passed the passwords on to others for future use, the comments are disabled at the moment.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #808
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Try the Calibre plugins as described on Alf's blog.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #809
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi ThePage,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
That's what I did, but I always get the error decrypting book session key anyway
I see there is now a new version of the tools (v3.4) posted with an updated ineptpdf (v7.9) that changes the logic for determining book session keys.

So if you are still having problems, you might want to grab that new version and check to see if it fixes your issue.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #810
ThePage
Connoisseur

My problem was at least partially responsible for the new versions.

A special hack that was concocted to get a read-out of my book-key data unexpectedly handled the DRM removal on my 90 or so PDF's, but required handling them singly as the new plug-in was still
"under construction"

I just finished removing the plug-in which hadn't worked for me, but will add the new one if I ever find that I'll be needing it.

While this has concluded my DRM removal phase in cataloguing books, I still have a few loose ends.

I have twenty books in LIT format which are only readable WITH the DRM.
Downloading new copies did NOT improve matters.

Where should I look, or who should I talk to in search of help in sorting these out into proper readability without the DRM?

Last edited by ThePage; 02-12-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: missing words