Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
roffles
roffles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
calibre - collection metadata?

Hi,

I recently upgraded to calibre .4.100, (using Vista and Sony PRS-500)

Now I notice when I send text files to my device, they don't retain the collection information. This used to work and is my primary way of sorting files since otherwise navigation on the device is pretty painful. I haven't created a ticket yet though since I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, and hopefully someone can tell me if I missed something really basic.

In the GUI i see the collection name and book number correctly so not sure why it doesn't work when i upload it to the device? Thanks in advance.
roffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
hmm that shouldn't be happening what version are you upgrading from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
roffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
hmm that shouldn't be happening what version are you upgrading from?
Um i think it was from when it was called libprs

I tried from a laptop as well and I am getting the same thing as well. (which never had either version of the software). So I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. The collection field says Series Name[book number] when I look at it in the GUI so I'm not sure why it's being lost? I leave the tag field blank though.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

create a ticket, I'll follow up when i get time
Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
roffles

Well, I don't know if this sounds weird but after installing the official sony library software, deleting all the books, uninstalling it and then running calibre, now I am getting Collection info updated when I send books to the device.
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad its working
Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
kevinhobbs
kevinhobbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
For what it's worth, I had the same problem. Don't know which version I was upgrading from, but it was probably about 8-12 months old, and after upgrading I was no longer able to view collections on my Sony PRS 500. I tried installing the Sony Library software to manage them, but uninstalled it when I saw how terrible it is.

Then I found this thread and tried deleting all of the books off my device. This solved the problem.
kevinhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhobbs View Post
Then I found this thread and tried deleting all of the books off my device. This solved the problem.
I'm glad this thread helped you, but try to refrain from reactivating 2 year old threads.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote