Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
blackberry read OTHER than mobipocket

I have a blackberry with wifi only access no dataplan. All I want to do is read my ebook until my Sony Reader gets fixed. I don't need OTA access to purchase my books so I find it annoying that I can't use mobipocket without a $20 a month dataplan.

Is there any other software out there for reading ebooks? I can name a dozen off the top of my head for PALM!
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Why can't you use Mobipocket without a data plan?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't have a blackberry, but MobiPocket's web page says:
Quote:
New titles are sent to your Blackberry from the PC using Mobipocket Reader Desktop. Connecting the USB cable is all it takes. However, with an unlimited data plan, there is a better way: download them over the air.
This implies that the traditional way of getting ebooks to a device is still available. It requires a Windows PC, though. For detailed instructions see Network connection error on Mobipocket Forum.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
I'll give that a try thanks. UPDATE: That worked thanks... Just had to install the MOBIREADER on my PC and it worked like a charm.

Hopefully Sony will get my ebook back to me soon, they said the will replace it for $40, but I sent it USPS with insurance so hopefully it will get lost in the mail

I once had a broken portable DVD player that didn't have insurance and it "got lost" in the mail, Toshiba told me I was out of luck.

Last edited by jckatz; 07-26-2008 at 07:22 PM.
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote