Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #76
infernogott
infernogott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
thanks. can i turn on auto-rotation somehow?
infernogott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #77
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
not that i know of
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #78
kindite
kindite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3g+Wifi
rudimentary question - is there any way to run custom software on Duokan?

Is there any "interpreter" such as python available, or a native format to compile custom software with?
kindite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #79
requiem3
requiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to flip through images on duokan? I'm trying to read a manga on the kindle 3 duokan, but when I open up a picture I can't use the "next page" button to go to the next page, I have to exit the image entirely and go select the next image from the list.

Last edited by requiem3; 03-26-2011 at 05:58 PM.
requiem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #80
infernogott

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem3 View Post
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to flip through images on duokan? I'm trying to read a manga on the kindle 3 duokan, but when I open up a picture I can't use the "next page" button to go to the next page, I have to exit the image entirely and go select the next image from the list.
my advice is to make one big pdf from the images. I use xnview to do this...
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #81
requiem3
requiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheeserequiem3 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernogott View Post
my advice is to make one big pdf from the images. I use xnview to do this...
Damn, that'll get annoying having to do everytime.. Seems like such an obvious feature to have...to flip through images...
requiem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #82
lili1989
lili1989 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem3 View Post
hi, pls download the newest version of Duokan,

use .rar or .zip to include your images.

done, "next page" works
lili1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #83
Kiwikenji
Kiwikenji began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello, has anyone been able to use the Player in Duokon? I'd like to listen to MP3 audiobooks using this player but I've had no luck in getting this player to work with any mp3s. I followed the instructions in FAQ and created the DK_Music in the root folder along with DK_Documents. I added the files and restarted the kindle. The player shows no files/folders. I also did what one of members suggested and put the mp3 under the Music folder instead (I erased the DK_Music). Nothing, no files found. I also made changes in the config.ini, which btw points to the music folder and not DK_Music. No luck at all in any of the modifications I did. HAS ANYBODY GOT THE PLAYER TO WORK AT ALL???
Kiwikenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #84
infernogott

hm, the player works for me
Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #85
Ozkun
Ozkun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 and Kindle DX
Root folder?

Hello, I'm sure this is a dumb question, since no one else made it: which one is the Kindle root folder? Is it the folder named ".active-content-data"? This one appears along with other three folders named "audible", "documents" and "music" when i plug my Kindle DX to the computer.
Ozkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #86
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozkun View Post
Hello, I'm sure this is a dumb question, since no one else made it: which one is the Kindle root folder? Is it the folder named ".active-content-data"? This one appears along with other three folders named "audible", "documents" and "music" when i plug my Kindle DX to the computer.
IT is the main folder that everything is in. The folder that contains all of the sub-folders. It is the God folder. It is the solar system
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #87
kelbek
kelbek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Duokan and root shell on Kindle 3 3G+Wifi

Hi everyone,
i installed the Duokan on my Kindle today. I was wondering, is it possible to get a root shell on this OS? or shall i jailbreak my Kindle?

Best regards
kelbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #88
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I have a question, why is there extra spaces after apostrophes? like this, that' s. It's slightly annoying, at the moment not enough to make me go back to amazon software but I've only read one book in duokan so far.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #89
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Changing User Interface Language

I recently decided to be a little adventurous and downloaded the latest duokan firmware from the Chinese website (fw 0.5.13.8942) as it was not available on flip's website. The only problem was that it was in Chinese and the instructions on forums were outdated. I share the method of changing the language on Kindle3:

1. Press Menu
2. Press J
3. Go to screen 3
4. Press F
5. Now you will see choice of languages and select C

And you are don...
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #90
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
For the life of me I can't find how to turn of the wifi.
Anyone?
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle