iliad and me it's finished

my iliad have a screen problem and i can't call the repair center
and my 2 mails have no response
in conclusion i hate irex.
petiteile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sorry to hear about your problems ;(

Why cannot you call their repair center? Because it is long-distance? Normally you can reach them at +49 (0)52 41 999 723 Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm CET.

Before you say goodbye to your iLiad, may I suggest to take a deep breath and visit the official meditation thread?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I have the faulty battery issue and they have been very responsive. I placed the call last Tuesday and my return box and RMA number arrived today. Sure, I'm frustrated that I received a unit that wouldn't charge and I would have liked to have had it resoved overnight, but I knew I was signing up for immature process when I bought this thing. Just wanted to add my quick feedback on a relatively positive experience with them so far.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
petiteile
petiteile began at the beginning.

i can 't call because i don't have a good english and i can't explain my problem at phone
i have tried and it's not possible for me i don't understand nothing

why i can't join by mail
Old 08-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Let me followup with the person who logged my case and see if he can't initiate something with you via email. You'll need to have the mac address handy for validation with their systems. It's printed on the back of the device. I'm going to email him and point him to this thread.
Advert
Old 08-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Petite île... beau nom!
Irex est en Hollande je crois. Jamais je ne croirais qu'il n'y ait personne pour vous comprendre?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Well, they are ver friendly and helpful on phone, but their email responses leave a lot to be desired.

I understood that I would have to deal with software issues as an early adopter, but I at least expected the customer service to be a little better.

I too have the battery problem. I received the return box, but they failed to send a shipping label. I contacted them by email and phone. When I talked to a rep they said they read my email and were investigating the problem. Now this is over the phone. Had I not called they would have never told me they got my email and were investigating.

I have not yet heard from them or received my label, so I just sent another email. At this point, I may follow the repair through and put my Iliad up on ebay once it is fixed. Even though I may like the working product, their support leaves a lot to be desired.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
petiteile

je t'assure ivanleterrible j'ai telephoné malheuresement autours de moi ici a la reunion je n'ai pas de connaissance qui parle assez bien l'anglais, je veux juste expliquer que mon ecran dans le coin droit est illible et au milieu j'ai une croix enorme
voila mon probleme je leur est ecrit des mails je n'ai toujours pas de reponse je veux bien payer les frais d'espedition dans les deux sens je veux bien beaucoup de chose je veux juste pouvoir faire reparer mon iliad c'est tout.
mon adresse mac est la suivante : 00.16.7c.00.0e.5d
Old 08-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

I didn't get a shipping label either and have raised that issue. I decided to send it on anyway to hopefully ensure a quick turn around. Having 20 years in the sw support area I see these issues as normal startup "teething" problems. My guess is they are still building out the full pre and post sales supply and support chains. Agreeing to sell to customers ahead of plan puts incredible pressure on these areas. Without mature systems and processes it comes down to the people to do the right thing. Sometimes you'll get someone who goes above and beyond and sometimes you won't.

I'm not trying to justify them in anyway, I just assumed I would get immature process as part of an immature product release. Good companies will learn from this and improve, others will disappear. We'll just have to wait and see what direction iRex goes.

The thing that gives me patience is the potential of this product. It truly fits the specs of what I was looking for in an ebook.....thin, light, great display and good battery life (ok, still a work in progress on the last one).
Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Je comprends petite ile. Malheureusement je suis au Québec et il m'est fort difficile de vous aider. J'aurais par contre une suggestion. À lire vos commentaires en anglais vous vous débrouillez assez bien par écrit. Composez un texte décrivant le mieux possible vos problèmes et lisez-leur en commençant par "écoutez car je ne parles pas anglais". Quoi qu'il en soit d'après les symptômes que vous me décrivez, votre Iliad devra être retourné car celà ressemble à un problème d'ordre matériel plus que de logiciel. Ce qui devra être réparé en atelier. Essayez d'avoir une adresse postale pour retour. Tous ceux qui ont eu à faire face à des problèmes similaires ont eu un sevice cordial et efficace.
Bonne chance !

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 08-15-2006 at 10:39 AM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #11
petiteile

not complety finished, i have try to phone and a very pleasant person say that understand my poor english
i love this woman
Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #12
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteile
not complety finished, i have try to phone and a very pleasant person say that understand my poor english
i love this woman
So you made friends with them again? That's nice to hear
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote