Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
PRS-600 & PRS-300 prefixes

Alex, adding prefixes for the PRS-600 and PRS-700 to the forum would be a big help when it comes time to add the new forum sections. It would make finding all the messages on these new devices a lot easier for moving them to the appropriate place. So if you add them even temportaily to all the forum sctions that have or could have messages about the 600/300 before the forum sections are in place then things will be easier in the long run.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-19-2009 at 08:30 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for the suggestion, Jon. Not sure yet if we will add individual sections for each device or use a geneal Sony PRS section with the appropriate prefixes as you suggested.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is what I think should happen....

Sony

And all the other sections we have now would just be prefix tags under each model.

So we would have tags for General, Content, Developer and Accessories. Then any other sections can easily be added via prefix tags instead of having to add more forum sections.

This same format can be used for all the other device forums as well. And when a new device comes out, it will be trivial to add it's own forum section as well.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I tend towards a reduction of sections, in particular the content and accessories ones, but we will see what works best.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I tend towards a reduction of sections, in particular the content and accessories ones, but we will see what works best.
It general I think adding prefixes is a first good step. Then if you decide later to make sections or forums it is easy to find the old posts for move there.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
This is a reduction of forum section. By using the prefixes, you can add as many sections as you want without actually adding new forum sections. Just add a prefix and you have your new forum section without actually having a new forum section.

We have prefixes. Why not use them to reduce the number of physical forum subsections?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, it makes scanning a forum much easier, while still having the possibility to oversee everything.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

(IMHO) if the prefixes are not added now, it is going to make it much harder to move all the threads on the 300 and 600 to where they will ultimately belong.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
(IMHO) if the prefixes are not added now, it is going to make it much harder to move all the threads on the 300 and 600 to where they will ultimately belong.
It do not understand how this can be. You can isolate the prefixes easily and move the threads. Without the prefixes you may have to read the thread itself to determine if it belongs in the 300 or 600 category or should remain where it is.

Dale
Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It do not understand how this can be. You can isolate the prefixes easily and move the threads. Without the prefixes you may have to read the thread itself to determine if it belongs in the 300 or 600 category or should remain where it is.

Dale
Uh, Dale? Isn't that what he said?

I suspect you skimmed out his not in the "if the prefixes are not added now..."?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Uh, Dale? Isn't that what he said?

I suspect you skimmed out his not in the "if the prefixes are not added now..."?
You are right. I must have just skipped over the not.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #12
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'd go for fewer sub-forums, myself. I find most of the threads in the specific device sections could apply to all models of that brand of device.

Hmm, that sounds convoluted as I re-read it.

What I mean is, many posts in the "Sony 505" section also apply to all Sony Readers.

I do like having the separate Content, Accessories, Troubleshooting, etc forums.

My $0.02 (I do miss the cent symbol sometimes)
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
My $0.02 (I do miss the cent symbol sometimes)
¢ [Alt + 0162 on a keypad]
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
I would think maybe a Sony Section with a few subsections?

Pocket Edition
Touch Edition
Daily Edition
Older Editions
Accessories

Cuts it down and cleans it up? Looking forward to seeing how it gets put together.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 AM   #15
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

With the emergence of new e-book devices it becomes clear that our current forum structure doesn't scale well for the future. Specifically in regard to the new Sony models, which although they are new are still very similar to the older models, we work the next days on finding a solution. It might not be perfect immediately, but we'll try and of course we always appreciate your input.