Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
MarcoDiWA
MarcoDiWA began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Can't see books on new laptop

I have a similar problem but can't find out to create a new post. I got a new laptop so I copied my old Calibre Library files to an external drive and after installing Calibre on my new laptop I transferred the old files to the new Calibre Library. (I didn't realize at the time that Calibre has a program to do this, sorry). But Calibre doesn't recognize the books (500) that I put back into the new program. Do I have to import each book again or is there a way to get Calibre to "see" the files I added? Thanks
MarcoDiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoDiWA View Post
I have a similar problem but can't find out to create a new post. I Thanks
At the forum index level: Top Left: New Thread
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoDiWA View Post
I have a similar problem but can't find out to create a new post. I got a new laptop so I copied my old Calibre Library files to an external drive and after installing Calibre on my new laptop I transferred the old files to the new Calibre Library. (I didn't realize at the time that Calibre has a program to do this, sorry). But Calibre doesn't recognize the books (500) that I put back into the new program. Do I have to import each book again or is there a way to get Calibre to "see" the files I added? Thanks
If you still have the old laptop, and calibre is still on it, then use the Export tool to save libraries and configuration data to an empty folder on the external drive (they save as a spanned archive(s) - e.g. part-0001.calibre-data etc) and then use the Import tool on the new computer.

If you can't Export from the old laptop, then what directories and files do you have on the external drive? If you copied the entire library folder you should be able to hook it via the Library Switch/create "Use the previou. . ." tool, viz

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	159408

Your location would of course be different to mine.

BR

Moderator Notice
I moved your post into its own thread
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote