Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
dwl99
dwl99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
cannot select Calibre Library folder in Onedrive

I am trying to add my Onedrive Calibre library to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 with AOSP 6.01. When I navigate to my Onedrive folder I can see my Calibre library folder in it but when I tap on it, it just opens up the folder and I cannot see a way to select the folder. The only choices on the "choose calibre library" box are up/back and cancel. Can anyone help? Thanks
dwl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwl99 View Post
I am trying to add my Onedrive Calibre library to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 with AOSP 6.01. When I navigate to my Onedrive folder I can see my Calibre library folder in it but when I tap on it, it just opens up the folder and I cannot see a way to select the folder. The only choices on the "choose calibre library" box are up/back and cancel. Can anyone help? Thanks
CC recognizes a calibre library by the presence of the calibre file "metadata.db". If that file isn't there then that folder is not a library.

The attached image shows the contents of a folder manager that contains an empty calibre library using the web-based Onedrive file.

Verify that the calibre file actually exists in the folder you think is the library. If it does then we have more work to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	152321  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
dwl99

Thanks for the reply. My Onedrive Calibre Library folder contains 2 files (metadata.db and metadata_db_prefs_backup.json) as well as the folders containing the epub files etc.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm... CC is not seeing the metadata.db file, so something else is going on. To help further we need a CC debug log. Instructions for sending one to us are here: Calibre Companion FAQ - How do I get help?. Please erase the multipie.co.uk email address.

BTW: I assume that when you tap on your library in CC you see all the folders for the authors.

Is this Onedrive account special in any way, such as some kind of shared business account?
Old 10-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
dwl99

You're a star! It turned out my Calibre library was sitting in an old Onedrive folder that Onedrive was no longer syncing. I copied the library over to the correct Onedrive folder and all is well. Thanks for your help.
Advert
Old 10-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

[EDIT]Glad that it worked out!
==============

Thanks for the debug log. I note that it worked in July.

It is impossible for me to be sure but it appears that the calibre library either was a shared folder where you (as defined by the credentials given to CC) no longer have permission to see the files in the folders, or it has become a shared folder you don't have permission to see. Is this possible? Is CC logging in with the identical credentials as you use to upload the files to Onedrive?

There is also the possibility that the account type has changed from "Personal" to "Business" or vice versa since the library was uploaded.

I am afraid I can't go any further with the information I have. To do more I would need to be able to log onto your onedrive, and that isn't a reasonable request for me to make.

One suggestion that might help debug things.
  • Create a new folder in Onedrive
  • Upload your metadata.db file from your local calibre library (make sure calibre isn't open) to this new folder.
  • Connect using CC. Navigate to the new folder.
If CC thinks that the new folder is a library then we have established that there is something strange about the current library. It might be necessary to delete it then re-upload it.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
dwl99

I'm sure the problem stems from a change to the Onedrive account a couple of months ago. I remember I needed to rebuild my Onedrive account after getting lots of database errors from the Onedrive program and Calibre was left pointing at the old folder. It's all working perfectly now.