Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 01:12 AM   #166
thodorisk2015
thodorisk2015 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic Touch (2016)
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
3.0.2 is out fixing the sample x-ray out of index error.
That's awesome! I can confirm that I no longer get the out of index error.
Thank you!
thodorisk2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #167
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thodorisk2015 View Post
That's awesome! I can confirm that I no longer get the out of index error.
Thank you!
No problem. Thanks for reporting it!
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #168
TheQwertiest
TheQwertiest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I'm trying to add start\end actions, but for some reason result is always empty. I.e. no recommendations are shown on the book end and the 'About book' info is empty.

Result is the same for all the books from my collection. Every book has a proper amazon id, and it properly links to goodreads from kindle (i.e. I can view info through goodreads, change it's status and etc).

Plugin fetches 'About Author' info properly though.

Am I missing something?

Example book page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/240617
If needed I can attach generated StartActions.data and EndActions.data as well (both have empty recommendations though).

Last edited by TheQwertiest; 09-17-2017 at 11:56 AM.
TheQwertiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #169
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQwertiest View Post
I'm trying to add start\end actions, but for some reason result is always empty. I.e. no recommendations are shown on the book end and the 'About book' info is empty.

Result is the same for all the books from my collection. Every book has a proper amazon id, and it properly links to goodreads from kindle (i.e. I can view info through goodreads, change it's status and etc).

Plugin fetches 'About Author' info properly though.

Am I missing something?

Example book page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/240617
If needed I can attach generated StartActions.data and EndActions.data as well (both have empty recommendations though).
Can you go ahead and attach the start and end actions? I'd like to see if there's any other data in there and if there are other things missing. In the meantime, I will look into this.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #170
TheQwertiest

Quote:
Can you go ahead and attach the start and end actions? I'd like to see if there's any other data in there and if there are other things missing. In the meantime, I will look into this.
Thanks! See attachments included in the post.
Attached Files
File Type: rar non_xray[TauZero-PoulAnderson].rar (19.2 KB, 216 views)
Advert
Old 09-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #171
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks! See attachments included in the post.
Sure! So I ran the plugin with the same ASIN and goodreads url you gave me and I got recommendations in my file. Are you using the most recent version of the plugin (3.1.2)?
Old 09-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #172
TheQwertiest

Quote:
Sure! So I ran the plugin with the same ASIN and goodreads url you gave me and I got recommendations in my file. Are you using the most recent version of the plugin (3.1.2)?
Yeah, it's 3.1.2 (or at least that's what calibre is telling me).

Could there be some differences in goodreads.com's layout depending on account and\or location? I can add a screenshot or a saved page, if it may help.

Just to make sure I'm doing everything correctly - step by step:
0. Get an azw3 book.
1. Add amazon/mobi-asin ids to metadata.
2. Add goodreads id with Goodreads plugin ('Link to goodreads...').
3. 'X-Ray creator'->Create/update Files.

Oh, and on one of the books the script fails to create xray (see attached log).
[EDIT] Added x-ray creator settings and book settings from Tau Zero.
Attached Files
File Type: txt job_fail.txt (1.2 KB, 314 views)
File Type: txt xray_creator.json.txt (481 Bytes, 299 views)
File Type: txt book_settings.json.txt (143 Bytes, 307 views)

Last edited by TheQwertiest; 09-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #173
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Yeah, it's 3.1.2 (or at least that's what calibre is telling me).

Could there be some differences in goodreads.com's layout depending on account and\or location? I can add a screenshot or a saved page, if it may help.

Just to make sure I'm doing everything correctly - step by step:
0. Get an azw3 book.
1. Add amazon/mobi-asin ids to metadata.
2. Add goodreads id with Goodreads plugin ('Link to goodreads...').
3. 'X-Ray creator'->Create/update Files.

Oh, and on one of the books the script fails to create xray (see attached log).
[EDIT] Added x-ray creator settings and book settings from Tau Zero.
Hm, that's strange. I'll have to look into it but it looks like you're doing everything correctly. You can actually skip steps 1 and 2 -- the tool automatically gets the ASIN and the Goodreads link if the title and author of the book are correct. That said, you can most certainty go verify that the information is correct and change it as needed in the book specific preferences.

This error is going to be harder to figure out since it looks book specific as far as i can tell.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #174
TheQwertiest

Quote:
Hm, that's strange. I'll have to look into it but it looks like you're doing everything correctly. You can actually skip steps 1 and 2 -- the tool automatically gets the ASIN and the Goodreads link if the title and author of the book are correct. That said, you can most certainty go verify that the information is correct and change it as needed in the book specific preferences.
Well, skipping step 2. resulted in errors (something about failing to get info from goodreads.com), I will try to reproduce it though.

Quote:
This error is going to be harder to figure out since it looks book specific as far as i can tell.
I can PM you the book.

Last edited by TheQwertiest; 09-27-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #175
antipasta
antipasta began at the beginning.

Device: none
When using this X-Ray plugin, is it normal to lose the cover displayed on the kindle in the process? It converts to a generic text based cover on the kindle's library.

So far that has been the case for all files I have added XRay's for.

If I resync the cover I get it back but then I lose the XRay functionality.

I am using azw3 files created by Calibre and am running kindle firmware 5.6.5 on a PW3. Running Calibre 3.8.

Not sure if it's due to my old firmware version. If it is, any idea what version # resolved the issue?

Last edited by antipasta; 10-01-2017 at 11:49 AM.
antipasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #176
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipasta View Post
When using this X-Ray plugin, is it normal to lose the cover displayed on the kindle in the process? It converts to a generic text based cover on the kindle's library.

So far that has been the case for all files I have added XRay's for.

If I resync the cover I get it back but then I lose the XRay functionality.

I am using azw3 files created by Calibre and am running kindle firmware 5.6.5 on a PW3. Running Calibre 3.8.

Not sure if it's due to my old firmware version. If it is, any idea what version # resolved the issue?
Yes, this is normal. To make the start and end actions work as expected, the tool has to use the real x-ray. Once this gets updated on the kindle, the kindle automatically replaces the cover with one from Amazon using the specified ASIN. You can update the cover then go look and see what the ASIN gets set to in the book and update the ASIN in the tool to use that same value. Note that doing this will break the functionality of start and end actions -- you will not be able to update your goodreads status using mark as reading or mark as read.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #177
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Well, skipping step 2. resulted in errors (something about failing to get info from goodreads.com), I will try to reproduce it though.

I can PM you the book.
I fixed and tested it as much as I could (a bit limited since it's DRM locked). I can't guarantee that the x-ray file will work because of the DRM lock but you can try it.

Can you try using this version for me and let me know if it works? https://github.com/szarroug3/X-Ray_C...ugin_3_1_2.zip

As for skipping the step and getting an error, that's pretty strange. Can you pm me that book too?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #178
TheQwertiest

Quote:
I fixed and tested it as much as I could (a bit limited since it's DRM locked). I can't guarantee that the x-ray file will work because of the DRM lock but you can try it.

Can you try using this version for me and let me know if it works? https://github.com/szarroug3/X-Ray_C...ugin_3_1_2.zip

As for skipping the step and getting an error, that's pretty strange. Can you pm me that book too?
About the book I sent you:

Oh, my bad... Totally forgot about Kindle DRM... After removing it, the x-ray stopped failing. Really sorry for your wasted time.
X-Ray creator fails to generate XRay (i.e. XRay creation is checked in the Preferences) on DRM'd book for obvious reasons, since it's protected by the DRM after all.
May be it is possible to add a DRM check before XRay creation, so that the failing error would be more informative?

About missing recommendation:

They are still empty in the resulted *Actions.data.
I debugged plugin a little and found that it fails to get 'book_asin' (goodreads_parser.py:_parse_tooltip_info). My goodreads.com page does not have 'kindlePreviewButtonIcon' class nor does 'asin_data_page' contain any useful info...

[EDIT]: Ooookaaaaay. So the 'kindlePreviewButtonIcon' class is the 'Preview' feature which is available only in the US. I'm not in the US, hence there is no button and no obvious way to get an asin... For now the only workaround that I can think of is to somehow force (only) XRay plugin to connect via (US-based) proxy.

Last edited by TheQwertiest; 10-03-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #179
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
About the book I sent you:

Oh, my bad... Totally forgot about Kindle DRM... After removing it, the x-ray stopped failing. Really sorry for your wasted time.
X-Ray creator fails to generate XRay (i.e. XRay creation is checked in the Preferences) on DRM'd book for obvious reasons, since it's protected by the DRM after all.
May be it is possible to add a DRM check before XRay creation, so that the failing error would be more informative?

About missing recommendation:

They are still empty in the resulted *Actions.data.
I debugged plugin a little and found that it fails to get 'book_asin' (goodreads_parser.py:_parse_tooltip_info). My goodreads.com page does not have 'kindlePreviewButtonIcon' class nor does 'asin_data_page' contain any useful info...

[EDIT]: Ooookaaaaay. So the 'kindlePreviewButtonIcon' class is the 'Preview' feature which is available only in the US. I'm not in the US, hence there is no button and no obvious way to get an asin... For now the only workaround that I can think of is to somehow force (only) XRay plugin to connect via (US-based) proxy.
Wow! Thanks for debugging it. I was literally stumped. Would've never figured it out since I'm in the US. Lol. Also, yeah I'll add a check for DRM. Thanks again for reporting and debugging!
Old 10-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #180
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
what do I do after I unzip the x-ray plugin file that i downloaded? how do I get it into Calibre?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray