Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
stankovic
stankovic began at the beginning.

Device: none
is it possible to use android apps on kindle

I would like to buy a kindle fire tablet (haven't decided on which one to go for but my budget is $70) and I would like to know if it is possible to run android apps on Kindle tablets? if yes how. I would really appreciate your contribution.
stankovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
stankovic

I am particularly looking at getting this one

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes (Previous Generation - 3rd)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C5W16B8/...2OM9AMO2&psc=1

I am hoping I can get some advise here.
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes, just browse through the Kindle appstore. Lots of Android apps in sight.

Oh, you mean apps from other stores? Sure, just as long as it isn't locked to a certain account. Paid apps usually are...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:57 AM   #4
stankovic

are refurbished kindle products any good?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Refurbished kindles/fires bought from Amazon are excellent and usually have a full 1 year warranty~!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, refurbished Kindles can be excellent value for money. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with one as a result of it being refurbished.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #7
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Fire, Kindle Pwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I run the Nook app and the Scribd app on mine, and they aren't offered on the Amazon app store. I had to google to find out how, but there are sites out there that explain how. I don't know if you can get every app Android has, but do some googling about this and I think you'll get some idea of what is available, and how much work it is.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote