Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Headphone problem on Fire HD

I can't get a set of headphones to work on the Fire HD. I hear a slight pop but nothing else. The headphones work on the original Fire and on an Acer 200 so I know it isn't a problem with the headphones. Has anyone else had this problem?
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Have you tried another set of headphones? Sounds like a problem with the jack itself.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No I don't have another set but they work fine on two other tablets, one being the original Fire. I would think if there was a problem with the jack that it would show up on one of the other units.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I meant the jack port on the HD itself.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

Ok gotcha now.

I'll scout around and see what I can find. If it is that, it sounds like a return might be in order. I would hate that.
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard

I would hate that too! My iPhone 4's jack stopped working a week before the warranty was out. Nothing was wrong with it at all, it just stopped working for whatever reason.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I responded to 74Cuda's thread in another forum, which he probably hasn't read yet. But if he bought the Amazon case then that's probably his problem. I tried my expensive Grado earphones, and they didn't work, but my cheapo Apple earbuds did work. When I took the HD Fire out of its case, the plug was able to be inserted a little further and the Grado earphones worked just fine.

If any HD Fire owner who has the case has any ideas about what kind of tool you could use to slightly enlarge the hole in the case, I'd be interested in learning about it. Don't think, in my case, it would need to be enlarged that much, but I don't want to hack away at it.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

I responded to Jim in another forum but wanted to make sure people here knew that his answer was correct. I took the HD out of the case and all is well. Now to enlarge that hole a bit. Too bad such an expensive case has this problem.

Thanks much Jim.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Is the problem that the diameter of the hole in the Amazon case is too small to enable sufficient insertion of the mic connector? If so, Dremel surgery seems indicated. But as a workaround, would a simple 3.5mm adapter that inserts deeply enough with a female 3.5 mm connection on the other side work?
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

Yes a Dremel would work and once upon a time I had one but no longer for some reason. It does not need much surgery so I think an X-Acto knife might do the trick. I don't know about the additional connector. I don't have one and since the problem is that the hole is not large enough to begin with I have my doubts about it working.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Oh man, really?! Well, I'm glad I didn't pre-order the case after all! Because I too have Sennheisers that probably wouldn't work with that case either. Bummer.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 09-29-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

Good thinking Jessica and BTW thank you for your input. It's much appreciated.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Oh man, really?! Well, I'm glad I didn't pre-order the case after all! Because I too have Sennheisers that probably wouldn't work with that case either. Bummer.
My Sennheiser phones work perfectly with the KFHD in the Amazon case. I did notice the first time I tried them, though, that they didn't seem to work. I pulled out the connector and inserted it again, more firmly. Voila.

Last edited by jsh1120; 09-29-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
jsh1120
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
Yes a Dremel would work and once upon a time I had one but no longer for some reason. It does not need much surgery so I think an X-Acto knife might do the trick. I don't know about the additional connector. I don't have one and since the problem is that the hole is not large enough to begin with I have my doubts about it working.
Another poster on the Kindle Help Forum noted that in the absence of a Dremel tool one might simply take the case to a shoe repair shop and have the hole enlarged. Strikes me as a GREAT suggestion and one that a woman with a shoe fetish might come up with.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
If the case is leather but also this could work with almost any soft case. Take a sharpened pencil or use a ink pen and use it to stretch out the hole. If done right the hole will not return to the original diameter. Sounds like all that is needed is a slight enlargement in the hole size.

Just a thought.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote