Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
t_rectenwald
t_rectenwald began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook G3
Ubibooks?

Has anyone purchased from this site before? It appears to be owned by Bookeen but the Copyright hasn't been updated in 2 years, and there is a picture of what may be the original Cybook on there.

With Bookeen placing this address on their box for the Cybook G3, I hope they at least remove that picture and update the copyright, it is not a great business move!

I think I'll just stick with mobipocket.com ... hoping that Amazon sticks with it also
t_rectenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:36 AM   #2
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
I hadn't heard of Ubibooks, so I went to check it out. I clicked on one of the books (Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb) to compare prices with Fictionwise. Ubi wanted 19.95. Fictionwise wanted 7.99, but as I am a club member I could get it for 6.79. On top of that they are offering a 10% micropay rebate. Final cost-$6.11. It's only one book and I might have just gotten lucky, but that is a HUGE difference. I'll stay with Fictionwise. Congrats on getting your Cybook- mine won't ship till Dec. 5, and I can't wait. I hope Amazon doesn't abandon Mobi as well. In fact, as soon as I get the Cybook I'm registering the PID, re-downloading all my DRM'ed Mobi books , and backing them up. I will probably start buying any DRM'ed books in .lit format and convert them to be safe.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
t_rectenwald
t_rectenwald began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook G3
I never thought of the .lit conversion idea. May give that a try. BTW, I think you'll be pleased with your Cybook, I'm loving mine.
t_rectenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 AM   #4
lullah
Enthusiast
lullah began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen gen3
Is .lit the microsoft reader? I have some files like that and I can't read them on my mac or on my CyBook. I am running windows in virtualization though, can I use mobipocket creator to make them unprotected .prc?
thanks
lullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lullah View Post
Is .lit the microsoft reader? I have some files like that and I can't read them on my mac or on my CyBook. I am running windows in virtualization though, can I use mobipocket creator to make them unprotected .prc?
thanks
.lit is Microsoft reader files. MobiPocket Creator will not convert these so far as I know. A program called clit can convert them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
leequick1
leequick1 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, rocketbook, rb1100, palms, nook, iPhone/iTouch, Jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNova View Post
I hope Amazon doesn't abandon Mobi as well.
Amazon isn't stupid (IMHO they are), they would never abandon it, they would sell it. It is worth too much money to just walk away. Since they are not planning to use that moneymaking site for the Kindle, they might sell it but I doubt it. They acquire businesses not sell them.

If they were really really smart they would figure out that there are 6 or 7 oodles of people out there who do not want to bother with computers to get books and would love the service they are offering. Then for the rest continue to offer the Kindle but with the ability to use Mobipocket with drm and if you are an owner of a Kindle, you really really discount the price of all Mobipocket books they buy from their site. However they probably won't be that smart.
lee
leequick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
lullah
Enthusiast
lullah began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen gen3
.lit conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
.lit is Microsoft reader files. MobiPocket Creator will not convert these so far as I know. A program called clit can convert them.

Dale
Hello
I found a script that "explodes" the .lit files into OPF along with all the content, how do I convert this to PRC?
thanks
lullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Use MobiPocket's mobigen.exe command-line program on the OPF file:
Code:
mobigen.exe ebook.opf -c1 -s0 -jpeg
It is a free download from the Mobipocket Developer Center.

Last edited by wallcraft; 11-26-2007 at 07:15 PM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote