Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Help with Moon+ Reader

I have a question. I love this reader but not sure I am using it right. When I had my sony, I used Calibre. In order to transfer books to my rooter NC, I copied over the Calibre file, which lists all books in separate Author folders. This works good so I can sort by my tags.

So, I have apps for Nook, Sony and Kindle now. I can access those books using their reading apps on my NC. What if I want to access them using Moon+ Reader so they are all in the same place.

Since I loaded the other books using Calibre, do I have to download those books, add to Calibre, then copy over to my Nook? (I tried adding a regular epub file to my list of books that use Author files, but it didn't work).

If I use Calibre, do I have to make sure they are all converted to Epub in order for Moon to read them?

Am I making this too hard and should I just use the apps to read books for sony, kindle and B&N?

Looking to hear how others do this.

Thanks.
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Yes you can however Moon copies the files over to an internal Moon directory, so you will have two copies of that file. Also Moon reads several formats (ePUB, txt,html, FB2,etc..) but it does not read MOBI/AZW.

Montago is a new reader that is very nice and reads ePUB/PDF. It does not move files round and will use the original file location. This app is a paid only app.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Montago is a new reader that is very nice and reads ePUB/PDF. It does not move files round and will use the original file location. This app is a paid only app.

=X=
Good suggestion. There is a seven day trial available.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Good suggestion. There is a seven day trial available.
Can someone provide a link to Montago - my Google-mojo is missing today, and I cannot seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

January
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryF View Post
Can someone provide a link to Montago - my Google-mojo is missing today, and I cannot seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

January
LOL, it's Mantano.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Quote:
THAT would be why i can't find it! Thanks so much!

January
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
The =X= strikes again! I can't spell, thank you for the correction.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Still can't solve line problem

Ok, I have checked, unchecked, rechecked, uninstalled and reinstalled and Moon+ still repeats the line from the previous page on the top of the next. HelP!
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #9
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
Ok, I have checked, unchecked, rechecked, uninstalled and reinstalled and Moon+ still repeats the line from the previous page on the top of the next. HelP!
I don't have my NC to hand, but I'm pretty sure there is an option in the Moon+ settings somewhere to turn on/off exactly this behaviour.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
dan11238
dan11238 began at the beginning.

Device: zire 72
Line Problem solution.
In The "miscellaneous" preference panel of Moon +Reader is a check box for "keep one line when paging" uncheck it. Hope this helps
dan11238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I hope I'm not intruding here on this thread, since my device isn't Nook but it is an Android device. I've been trying out Moon+ Reader and it looks like a good app, especially since now it seems to me to support more formats than it did last time I tried it.

There are two things I'm wondering about:

1. what exactly does import mean? does it actually make a copy of the books I import into it? There doesn't seem to be any user manual on the developer's website.

2. If so, how can I do a batch remove of the books I imported? Right now it seems that I can only do it one by one, and I foolishly imported a folder with my fanfic containing four different fandoms and thousands of fics (it tells me I have 2190 books). Since most of them are txt files, they have no tags and a lot of them appear without any information other than file name.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Hi All..

It's been a long time since I've been on here. I have a few questions about Moon+ reader and Mantano..

1. Does it keep the page you were reading when you reopen the book? Aldiko always seems to go to the beginning of the chapter. Does Mantano do this?

2. How do you find it on Market? I can't seem to find the darn app!
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
zeroh
Zealot

I was able to install the Mantano reader (free version) and it's very nice. Does the paid version have more customizable themes? I prefer a black screen with light grey text.

Still can't find the Moon+ reader for some reason...
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #14
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.moonreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroh View Post
I was able to install the Mantano reader (free version) and it's very nice. Does the paid version have more customizable themes? I prefer a black screen with light grey text.

Still can't find the Moon+ reader for some reason...
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
zeroh
Zealot

Thanks. I should've mentioned that my NC won't work with Google Play. That's a whole 'nother issue.