Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
zoltix
zoltix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
Calibre have an issue for reading audio with windows 10 on desktop

Hi,
I received a epub with audio content. I can read it , unfortunately I cannot hear it the sound in the “e-book Viewer” when I click on the icon "play", I tried to download audio, copy Audio, nothing seems working.
do you have an idea as to why is not playing it.
Ps: my epub works with Microsoft Edge.
zoltix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THe calibre viewer does not support audio/video in ebooks.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:39 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltix View Post
Hi,
I received a epub with audio content. I can read it , unfortunately I cannot hear it the sound in the “e-book Viewer” when I click on the icon "play", I tried to download audio, copy Audio, nothing seems working.
do you have an idea as to why is not playing it.
Ps: my epub works with Microsoft Edge.
You'll need to use a application capable of using epub3's multimedia extensions. As an example, the later versions of Adobe ADE have some of this capability. You might want to check the epubtest.org/ site for some comparison information. Click on reading systems button then click on the media overlays heading. Scroll past the untested systems. The information tends to be out of date but still useful.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote