Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #12856
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
1560?
Later!

Further clue; Samuel Taylor Coleridge was born in the same year.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #12857
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Later!

Further clue; Samuel Taylor Coleridge was born in the same year.
1772?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #12858
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
1772?
Yes it was. Surprised me that it was that early.

red_phoenix 4 points
pdurrant 6 points
HIMS 5 points
poohbear 1 point

I declare pdurrant the winner!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #12859
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Yes it was. Surprised me that it was that early.

red_phoenix 4 points
pdurrant 6 points
HIMS 5 points
poohbear 1 point

I declare pdurrant the winner!
Ah - a winner who forgot to post a quiz.

How about: Computer programming languages. I shall ignore any 'C' based languages (C, C#, etc.).

Away you go, one point for each, two points for any I have to look up! (But no looking them up yourselves, of course.)
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #12860
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Cobol
Fortran
RPG
Basic
Visual Basic
Assembler
Algol
Easytrieve
Pearl
Pascal
Java
Delphi
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #12861
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Cobol
Fortran
Basic
Visual Basic
Algol
Pascal
Java
Delphi
8 points

Quote:
RPG
Easytrieve
Pearl
6 points

Quote:
Assembler
1 point, but I won't accept specific assembler languages now.

15 points to orlok!

That might be unassailable, but I suspect there are lots of programming languages I don't know about. There are even some I do know about that haven't yet been mentioned.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #12862
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
15 points to orlok!

That might be unassailable...
Well I was a programmer in a former life (mostly RPG), so I should know a few. I'm sure there are tons of more recent ones that I'm completely oblivious to.

Does HTML count, as I even know some of that one still?
Old 02-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #12863
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Well I was a programmer in a former life (mostly RPG), so I should know a few. I'm sure there are tons of more recent ones that I'm completely oblivious to.

Does HTML count, as I even know some of that one still?
HTML is not a programming language.

I can think of half a dozen you've missed, and that's without getting into obscure ones.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #12864
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
HTML is not a programming language.
Didn't really think so, though the mnemonics do stand for Hyper Text Markup Language...
Old 02-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #12865
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lisp
Forth
Smalltalk
D
Prolog
Visual Prolog
Eiffel
Hypertalk
Cobra
PHP
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #12866
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PL/I
Ruby
Javascript
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #12867
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Groovy
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #12868
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Lisp
Forth
Smalltalk
Prolog
Visual Prolog
Hypertalk
PHP
7 points

Quote:
Eiffel
Cobra
4 points.

11 points to HIMS!

The competition is hotting up. There are still lots left that I know about.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #12869
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
PL/I
Ruby
Javascript
3 points

Quote:
Groovy
2 points.

HIMS has 16 points
Orlok has 15 points.

HIMS takes the lead by a neck.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #12870
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Scala