Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
JTH1972
JTH1972 began at the beginning.

Device: KoBo
Another Frozen KoBo...

Well I prefer to be posting under different circumstances but...

I purchased this unit for my wife a couple of days ago. She just got it today as our anniversary present.

We charged the unit for several hours and ejected it from the computer as recommended. She was able to start read a couple of books when the screen froze and the unit is unresponsive. Nothing works on it and the light doesn't even come on when it's plugged into the computer. We never got more than an hour use out of it

Suggestions? Or is this a faulty unit?

thanks

Jason
JTH1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
zero10
zero10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Reset button on the back, you will need a paperclip, there is a tiny hole behind the D-Pad, and the reset button is somewhat stiff so it takes a bit of pressure to click it.
Once you have reset it, go to the menus and check the software version, let us know if you are on 1.0 or 1.4.
zero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
clayton_e
clayton_e began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Zero, you just saved me such a huge headache. I thought I was going to have to ship this internationally to get it fixed and all because what I thought was too much pressure to reset was just not enough. You rock.
clayton_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
Keep that paperclip on you at all times. Your going to need it.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
You know, pre-1.4 I was paperclipping almost daily. I have not used it since the 1.4 upgrade on my Kobo 1 (touch wood!)
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've only had to paperclip it when I was playing with an SD card in the unit ....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote