Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
Alkiera
Alkiera began at the beginning.

Device: NDS
starting with multiple files?

Is there a reasonable way to create a book from multiple files in Sigil 0.1.9? The stuff I've written, and most of the stuff I read, is broken up into individual html pages by chapter, already. I'd like to be able to make ePubs out of them so I can easily read them on my NDS or other device. There doesn't seem to be a way to add a second file in 0.1.9; I tried the beta 0.2, and it seems to crash on some of my files, and not others.

I'd rather avoid having to open each file and copy/paste the text/html, if possible.

Thanks!
Alkiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Alkiera
Alkiera began at the beginning.

Device: NDS
FYI, the error I get in 0.2B3 is this:
Code:
Date/Time:       2010-05-01 17:00:10.615 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  9A89D476-0F00-4150-B008-A5FC5B21FE76

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i
  Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil 0.2.0.app/Contents/MacOS/Sigil
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
The same file opens just fine in 0.1.9. I've added files to 0.2 before; possible this is a character set issue, as the first files I used were straight ascii (charset iso-8859 according to the HTML), from a PC, and these new files were saved from a website, and are utf-8. I'd removed all the DOCTYPE and script tags from the file, but nothing I did seemed to prevent the crash in 0.2.

I was able to assemble three files into one in 0.1.9, and output an ePub, which worked great in DSLibris. This was only 3 chapters, though, many of the stories I read for in the 40-60 chapter range, all in separate html files. If there's an easier way to do this in Sigil, I'd really appreciate it.
Alkiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
For the crash problem, please create a new issue on the tracker and attach the epub file. More info on this wiki page.

WRT loading multiple files, this is trivial to do in 0.2.0.

Open Sigil, right-click the "Text" folder in the Book Browser, select "Add existing items" and select all the HTML files you want to import from the dialog. Done.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Spotnik
Spotnik began at the beginning.

Device: nook
What about text files?

Are you supposed to be able to do this with text files as well? Every time I "open" a different text file, it overwrites the previous one. I have 28 of them total. The program seems to go into "not responding mode" frequently when I do this.
Spotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Of course you can. You need to be sure the text files have a different name. Then say 'add existing item' and select the file you want to add. If the extension is .txt, it will end up in the Misc folder. It is better to add .xhtml files.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert