Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Compton, W. David (NASA): Where No Man Has Gone Before, v1, 11 June 2008

This is a history of the Apollo Space Program by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, United States Government.

This is the first cut. Footnotes were left in place in the text and although the jumps to them work, they work to the footnote, but not back. As this document is heavily footnoted both for information and sources, it may be a while before they are all converted.

This is a public domain document from the NASA website.

Now with a mobi version. The mobi conversion program is VERY picky about links and fussy about images. Since this is a combination of 144 separate html documents, there was a little flotsam and jetsam left over that the mobi program caught.

There may be a footnote or two that does not work now, but will catch it next time when I civilize the footnotes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Where No Man Has Gone Before.lrf (2.02 MB, 709 views)
File Type: prc Where No Man Has Gone Before.prc (1.52 MB, 1615 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 06-14-2008 at 07:59 AM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Looks Interesting.

Any Plans to Release this as a Mobi book?
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mobipocket Release

I have no plans for a mobipocket release since it looks like the only program that will do that conversion is book designer, with which I am not familiar. Sorry.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If the original is HTML, it's trivial to create a MobiPocket book using MobiPocket Creator, which can be downloaded free from MobiPocket's web site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
This is very cool. I am really enjoying the Discovery HD Show, When We Left Earth, which is about the history of the USA space programs. Thanks!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone

Mobipocket Release

Thanks for the info Harry. It is indeed HTML and I will go get it.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:05 AM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone

Just a note for those who get email notifications. I have uploaded the mobi version of Where No Man Has Gone Before. It seems ok at a quick glance on my computer. Be sure to let me know of any glaring errors. Footnotes will take some work....tons of it, so it may be a while for them.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Thanks for making the Mobi Version.

Look's interesting. i've got a long flight tomorrow, so I'll start on this.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Awesome, thanks!
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Just a note for those who get email notifications. I have uploaded the mobi version of Where No Man Has Gone Before. It seems ok at a quick glance on my computer. Be sure to let me know of any glaring errors. Footnotes will take some work....tons of it, so it may be a while for them.
Can you please move the Mobipocket edition to it's own thread in the Mobipocket eBook upload forum section please? A lot of people won't find it and it cannot be put in the proper place in the eBook section if it's attached to the LRF edition. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Thanks for the post. I love going to the NASA site and reading the transcripts of the lunar landing missions. Maybe someone will put those together into book form and post them!
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote